Took delivery yesterday. Didn't think I was going to be able to buy it. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Took delivery yesterday. Didn't think I was going to be able to buy it.

RSNovi

Reaction score
City, State
MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 Limited 4WD
I didn't think it was going to happen...

I ordered a Limited Explorer in February to replace my Focus so I could have a nice ride for work and have more room for our child. I driver 50 miles one way and I ordered back when gas was $2.75 and prior to the talk of all of the teacher salary cuts for my wife's job. I got nervous and called the dealer to tell them that we couldn't take the risk right now. They said no problem that they would just release the Explorer for public sale when it came in.

When it came in, the sales rep gave me a call to see if I had changed my mind and wanted to come in and look at it. At that point I asked if there was any way we could get out of our Flex lease early and take the Explorer. The Flex was a great car, but it needed tires and we were going to be about 5000 miles over.

The dealership bought the Flex and I lost very little money on it. Actually, less money then what I would of had to pay for tires and the overage on miles.

We are now owners of a nice Explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats, I don't think you will regret your decision.

Nice deal to work out! Congrats!

Congratulations! I'm glade you were able to get the Explorer.

Change will start in July and will be complete in November!;)

Back