Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Tool Box in your ST?

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by drofnas, July 9, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. drofnas

drofnas New Member

City, State:
    Southeast Michigan
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2004 Ford Sport Trac
    Greetings!!

I have a 2004 ST. I have the factory hard tonneau cover. I would like to mount a tool box in the front of the bed, under the folding cover. It would be perfect if it had a gap at the bottom for longer, flatter cargo.

I've built a shelf, and that kinda works with bins on it. I really want something a bit more secure. More boxy.

Has anyone used anything that they would care to share?

Thanks a bunch!

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. 429CJ-3X2

429CJ-3X2 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '01 & '02 Sport Tracs,
    I used an over the top of the box toolbox for a Ranger on mine. I know that's not what you're looking for, but there should be plenty of options out there, both metal and composite that will fit under the cover.