Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Top 5 Mods for a Sport

Discussion in 'Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods' started by 2015TuxedoSport, December 2, 2017.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. RhinoQuartz

RhinoQuartz Elite Explorer

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      17 Explorer Base
      What kind of tune do you pick 60+? 87/91/93? Performance/towing?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. commoncents1

commoncents1 New Member

2019 Exp Sport 400A
      is there an updated tune for a 2019 sport? what about a leased vehicle? what kind of risk is their on engine tune? is it easy to restore factory settings?

also, why wouldnt Ford adjust their factory tune for some significant performance improvements that seem to be fairly risk free? it'd be huge for their marketing and sales for that type of improvement claim. thanks.

Last edited: March 15, 2019
    4. gmcv893

gmcv893 Member

City, State:
      Tampa, FL
      2015 Explorer Sport
      Probably the main reason they aren't aggressive in tuning is the fact that a majority of the customer base is soccer moms so being aggressive doesn't make a lot of sense. That being said they do realize there is some gain potentials, and market it as their "ST" version for those who do want higher performance.

• Like Like x 1
    5. peterk9

peterk9 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Ottawa, Ontario area
      2017 Explorer Platinum
      Callsign:
      VE3
      I've seen more women driving F-150's around here than Explorers. None of the men that I know who own Explorers have them tuned. I personally don't see a need for it myself. I find it has plenty of power (Ecoboost) for my purpose and don't feel a need to drive aggressively. There are more than enough of those types of drivers on the road already.

Peter

• Like Like x 1