Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Top dead center on the camshaft sensor. Picture needed.

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by 93BobOmb, July 25, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 93BobOmb

93BobOmb New Member

City, State:
      Upland CA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      93 xlt
      I have read all the information here on the cps and how to install and set one.

What I need is someone with a 93 or a 94 explorer to set their engine to top dead center cylinder 1, take the cap off the cps and take a picture. All I need is the initial reference point, then i can set it with my dvom.

Please. I need your help. I'm almost done with my rebuild, this is all I need to get it running properly. I have the cylinders set to tdc #1, but its a fresh rebuild and I don't want to have to spin it back to tdc a half a dozen times without the cylinders being lubed.

A picture isn't even 100% necessary. I just need a diagram, rough sketch, or even a baseline to go off of.

Last edited: July 25, 2011
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.