Torque Converter recommendation needed please! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Torque Converter recommendation needed please!

ernzo

Reaction score
City, State
Denver, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Mercury Mountaineer

I guess it's TC time. Mine seems to be coming apart inside....

Anyone every use these guys?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...0465492324&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Got another recommendation?

The only "known" brand converter I've used is Hughes. They are local to me (Tucson, and they have an office in Phoenix too).

I needed an "odd" converter (small case, 700r4 lower stall). They talked to me about what I was "really" going to use it for and what the engine specs were, gear ratios, engine weight etc.

In the end, I had to use an "off the shelf" converter as I couldn't afford the customer converter I really needed.

I don't know if your looking for anything other than a stock converter, but I can say I've had no problem with the converter I have from them other than it not being the converter I "should have" bought if I would have had the money for it.

~Mark

To follow up. IT is not the TC, flexplate or spacer. Went to three Tranny shops, lifted the explorer and the sounds diminish as you move back towards the bell housing, then are completely gone. All agreed, it was not the TC.

Not sure what it is.....:(

Back