• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

SKURZ

Reaction score
City, State
Montreal, Quebec
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Eddie Bauer 5.0
Everybody here has probably heard about Torque Monster headers for '97-'01 5.0 Explorers and Mounties. If you own one of these trucks you know that Ford totally dropped the ball with their own super restrictive OEM design. The Torque Monsters really wake up the 5.0. Great torque, better acceleration, better sound and better MPGs...plus they look awesome. The only problem, they're not cheap.
-For earlier model trucks '96-'97 1/2 (build date until 12/96) with internal EGR systems, the current price is $689.00 + $45.00 s/h.
-For '97 1/2-2001 (from build date 01/97 on) with external EGR, the current price is $789.00 + $45.00 s/h.

BUT I've been in contact with Al's Headers, the company that produces the Torque Monsters, and Al has agreed to give us a better deal if we were to place a GROUP ORDER. The amount of the discount will depend on the number of members who are interested. Once I have an idea of a number, I will be able to give you an amount.
I am thinking that for the next month we take names, determine who's serious, and then place an order at the beginning of February. Then we'll give Al the time to produce the headers, and come spring we're ready to install.

So, if you're interested in getting on the list for a set of Torque Monsters and saving a few bucks, let me know. Also include whether your truck is a pre 01/97 build date or later. Feel free to PM me also.

*If you're interested please PM me your first and last name, phone number, email address and the build date of your truck. If it's after '97 just the year will do. And by giving me your info doesn't mean that you're commited, but I do need it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you might also want to ask how they ship them if you live outside of the u.s.a. last year when i bought mine from bob, 3 months later fed ex send me a nice invoice for 178 dollars for brokerage fees and b.s. it still sits on my desk, and has come in handy for a coaster. ask how they plain on sending them out.

They use Fed Ex to ship, but point well taken. Fed Ex always bills later, UPS and USPS at the door. You should know though that you should never have had to pay those fees. I buy a ton of parts for my Explorer, Mustang and Jeep from the US and know first hand. As long as the product you are buying is made in either the US, Canada or Mexico it is covered under NAFTA (North American Free Trade Act) and is therefore exempt from duties. Most people don't know this and the shipping companies will never ever tell you because they simply don't care. You just have to make sure that the person or company that you are buying from states the country of origin on the customs paperwork (as long as it's one of the 3 countries I mentioned).
You can still be reimbursed for the duties that you paid last time but you'll have to contact Bob and get him to do some paperwork, and then submit that to Fed Ex.

I'm super interested... Just don't have the funds at the moment. don't put me down as a maybe. Maybe when the time comes I'll be in. I'm a build date 10/96.

Skurz, any chance you can try to get this stickied? It'd help gather as many members as we can.

I'll keep you in the loop Kevlar, but like I'd mentioned, only taking names now before placing order in Feb. You have some time. Trying to make this flexible.

I'm down. I've got to put some on a 2000, and they can wait another month if the price is right. Especially since I probably won't install them till March anyway :p

But yeah, I'm a definite as long as it is a decent discount. If it is only a few bucks, I'll probably have to order sooner.

I think it will be worth your wait. I want mine, like everything else, yesterday. I think that's a common trait with we car guys. But like you, I only plan on installing mine in the spring anyway, so if we can save some dough I'm going to try and be patient. I think it will be a pretty decent discount and I'll post the exact amount as soon as I know.

ide get a set if the price was right

97 with tube egr, 1 inch intake spacer also

Got it. You're on the list my fellow canuck.

I thought I was 100% in BUT I thought of something. Are they made out of Stainless Steel? If not, I'm not so excited...

You can add me to the list. Hopefully I'll have the extra money by then!

I thought I was 100% in BUT I thought of something. Are they made out of Stainless Steel? If not, I'm not so excited...

No, better. They are ceramic coated steel with a high luster finish. They should outlast stainless and, if taken care of, will look purdy far longer too.

No, better. They are ceramic coated steel with a high luster finish. They should outlast stainless and, if taken care of, will look purdy far longer too.

Just don't get mud on them when they're hot and let it bake on. That's a b**ch to get clean. Just me being careless :/

Yeah that's good but wait until the salt from the roads here in MI get to them. While better than not being coated I'd be much happier if they were made of SS. I guess when it comes down to it, what choice do we have? Not much!

I might be down with buying a set if the price is right. IE- AT LEAST 10% off more like 20%

I'm in if the discount is high enough.

1997 Mountaineer 5.0 mfg date 06/97. Looks like there is an EGR type thingy on top of the passenger side manifold.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah that's good but wait until the salt from the roads here in MI get to them. While better than not being coated I'd be much happier if they were made of SS. I guess when it comes down to it, what choice do we have? Not much!

I might be down with buying a set if the price is right. IE- AT LEAST 10% off more like 20%

No, it is a very good coating. Trust me, even in salt, they should outlast SS as long as you don't let clumps of stuff sit on them.

Back