TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY | Page 22 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TORQUE MONSTER Headers GROUP BUY

Did not get that deep with him actually. I was so surprised that the phone was answered that I was not prepared to ask a lot of questions. Also, he did not seem as if he wanted to answer a lot of questions. He did say that he knew us guys were waiting on the TM headers though, and they were shipping some on Thursday and Friday.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok. I guess I will wait till sometime next week to see who gets their stuff in the mail. Then we can just start checking names off the list until we all get our headers.

OK, I'm in!!! I have an 01 Explorer 5.0 drivetrain in a 98 2wd Ranger. I don't think that's gonna make any difference in the headers though. I've been wanting these damn headers WAY too long! They need to get it together.

ok. I guess I will wait till sometime next week to see who gets their stuff in the mail. Then we can just start checking names off the list until we all get our headers.

yeah we have heard that before... if they dont show up next week or if i dont even get a tracking number im going to call the police... they took money from my account i have texts from her saying they shipped last friday and i still have received no word... just a due date that keeps getting pushed back.
time to stop playing games.

Even though I just bought a used set, I'm glad I couldn't get a hold of Al or Erica about refunding my down payment. I'm thinking now Id be a fool to pass up the chance to get $100 off a new set. I don't see Al doing a group buy again in the near future.

Yeah, people like you are probably the reason why he won't do it again. I'm not defending Al's lack of communication, but you've been whiny this entire time.

Also, just like in a real conversation, you don't have to stick to just one topic.

:rolleyes:

Meanwhile, on the TMH group buy...

Even though I just bought a used set, I'm glad I couldn't get a hold of Al or Erica about refunding my down payment. I'm thinking now Id be a fool to pass up the chance to get $100 off a new set. I don't see Al doing a group buy again in the near future.

yeah we have heard that before... if they dont show up next week or if i dont even get a tracking number im going to call the police... they took money from my account i have texts from her saying they shipped last friday and i still have received no word... just a due date that keeps getting pushed back.
time to stop playing games.

Yeah don't call the police yet if you look at the original post it says you guys were gonna put the group buy up for a month and then sometime in feb. you would place an order through Al's. It's only been 90 days. Its not like he is only working on just our stuff. Now I am not saying his Bulls**t shipping dates that get changed are right. But I don't think it time to call the police yet. If it gets down to it I will find out how many people have paid in full and I will call fedex myself for a pick up at his address and I will meet fedex there and then he will basically be forced to ship whatever he has stocked and ready to go.

Yeah don't call the police yet if you look at the original post it says you guys were gonna put the group buy up for a month and then sometime in feb. you would place an order through Al's. It's only been 90 days. Its not like he is only working on just our stuff. Now I am not saying his Bulls**t shipping dates that get changed are right. But I don't think it time to call the police yet. If it gets down to it I will find out how many people have paid in full and I will call fedex myself for a pick up at his address and I will meet fedex there and then he will basically be forced to ship whatever he has stocked and ready to go.

waiting is fine. i have no problem doing that, i knew it would take time and was prepared for that.. but when i have personally talked to them and they have personally said they will be shipping out on x date and then that x date has come and gone twice for me, and more for others, that is when it becomes a problem. time to be straight. this Friday is the third time she has given a date of being done... so lets hope something happens.. or 3 strikes and someones out. they were so quick and communication was very good when she was taking all my money..

I totally say that them giving BS dates is f'ed up and they really need to get their **** straight and if it was gonna take 4 months just say so and give us a date that he knows he can reach not some super fast date he knows he will have to change.

You also gotta look at it when your pregnant like Erica is a lot can happen in 3 months I know my wife wasn't to pleasant to be around at the end. Plus they didn't make everybody pay in full. A lot of people paid only half and they haven't been to antsy to get the rest of the money. I would say that if they kept moving dates around and didn't answer the phone much but were calling us all the time to pay the rest of the money that would be a lil fishy.

I think it's fishy now.. I think it's fraud.. I have zero signs that it isn't.. Well see what happens next week... I sent her yet another text earlier today even with no reply..

I don't get why anyone thinks this is fraud. They haven't taken full payments, they aren't hounding us to get the rest of the money (the exact opposite in fact) and they're not going to ruin their business by trying to screw us over because they decided that at around 90% of the way done they just weren't going to ship them.

Bad business practices, yes. Communication with customers is key. To them we may just be another customer, but on an individual level, $750 or so for headers is a considerate purchase and we want to feel special and that the company we're ordering from cares about us. But outright fraud? I think some of you guys are just way to used to buying off the shelf parts and have never had to wait for custom made large orders to finish. Not to mention that some of these are external EGR, some are internal, some are for Ranger swaps, some designed to be used with 1" intake spacers, etc. And the fact that the last second gen Explorer is 12 years old. Our aftermarket is so limited, it's absolutely amazing these are still being made at all.

Basically, chill out and just accept that it's going to take a while. If you want to complain to them about it, then feel free. You have that right as a consumer. But don't be surprised if a lot of people don't sympathize with you.

Come tax time next year I want to get rid of these headers and the stock heads and get a set of torque monsters for the trickflow heads and a set of trickflow heads. I just don't want a few impatient people to piss off or frustrate the shop so much that this is the last sets of torque monsters made cause he doesn't want to deal with the explorer guys calling the cops on him.

I don't get why anyone thinks this is fraud. They haven't taken full payments, they aren't hounding us to get the rest of the money (the exact opposite in fact) and they're not going to ruin their business by trying to screw us over because they decided that at around 90% of the way done they just weren't going to ship them.

Bad business practices, yes. Communication with customers is key. To them we may just be another customer, but on an individual level, $750 or so for headers is a considerate purchase and we want to feel special and that the company we're ordering from cares about us. But outright fraud? I think some of you guys are just way to used to buying off the shelf parts and have never had to wait for custom made large orders to finish. Not to mention that some of these are external EGR, some are internal, some are for Ranger swaps, some designed to be used with 1" intake spacers, etc. And the fact that the last second gen Explorer is 12 years old. Our aftermarket is so limited, it's absolutely amazing these are still being made at all.

Basically, chill out and just accept that it's going to take a while. If you want to complain to them about it, then feel free. You have that right as a consumer. But don't be surprised if a lot of people don't sympathize with you.

i have zero problem waiting for parts. I get these are custom made and 13 yeard old trucks and all that but when you say yeah they will be done friday and then friday comes and goes with no sign of anything. then you complain to them and they say of they will be done next week.. then next week comes and still nothing... that is the part that pisses me off.. i paid full up front. i wonder how erika would feel if my card kept being declined and i kept pushing her off until "next week" until i had money. i wonder how long before she took any sort of legal action.

Well, considering it is a civil matter, and not a criminal matter, my guess would be she would never call the police... She would probably just cancel your order.

Just relax a bit. If you really feel you are being screwed, ask for your money back, cancel your order. You can't really take any legal actions unless they were both refusing to deliver you the product AND refusing to refund your money. It is silly to even talk about legal actions when you haven't even tried the alternative to waiting.

Yes, everyone has been waiting a while. You were all warned at the top of this thread by members that have experience with them that wait times were going to be longer than they say, no matter what, and that they are slow and hard to communicate with. Yes, the last couple weeks have been kind of BS.

That said. They are not going to piss away a multi-million dollar business over 20-30 thousand dollars worth of headers, especially since they've only gotten half of the money for them.

Seriously, it is starting to sound like the 5th gen forum in here.

fraud is in fact a criminal matter

I'd suggest you ask someone what fraud means. Also, considering you paid by credit card or a debit card, you are also not the party who can bring that type of criminal complaint against them. Review your card policy. That would be up to your bank or credit card company. They however, would do the rational thing if they really believed that a product that was paid for was not going to be delivered, and ask for the money back first.

Either have a beer or have a few less beers. You should just relax about this. Pester them tomorrow. If you still feel they are not going to deliver the product, request your money back. If you cannot get them by phone or text, send a certified letter, requesting they cancel your order.

We are all pretty spoiled by instant gratification these days for sure. I remember having to wait4 months for an M1 rifle I purchased 14 years ago. Really excited the whole time but expected the wait time... While the customer and wait time do not match what most of us consider the norm today, you just have to remember that Al's was really not making these headers in any number for quite a while. I think big order was overwhelming for everyone there.
I do believe them will be shipped pretty soon. I believe they will be of superior quality. I know they will be something that I cannot get anywhere else.
Ill keep everyone apprised of anything new over the next week.

I think it's fishy now.. I think it's fraud.. I have zero signs that it isn't.. Well see what happens next week... I sent her yet another text earlier today even with no reply..

Keep in mind they are 2 hours behind you. ;)

I try calling my son out there at 9:00 am and end up waking him up, because it is 7:00 there.

Yeah,....anyone else still waiting for Erica to call them back to even take payment? I texted her over a month ago and she said she would call me back to take my info.....wondering if she forgot about me?......I don't want to bother them too much because I'm sure there are enough other people calling already. To the impatient douschebags getting their panties in a bunch because they have too much time on their hands.... PLEASE DO NOT RUIN THIS FOR ALL OF US!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Keep in mind they are 2 hours behind you. ;)

I try calling my son out there at 9:00 am and end up waking him up, because it is 7:00 there.

So when I text her at 7 she should still be at work!!

Back