Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Torque Specs Intake Manifold and Spark plugs

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by Randy Kalscheur, March 8, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Randy Kalscheur

Randy Kalscheur New Member

City, State:
      Coal Township, MO
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      04 Exp 4.0 SOHC EBauer
      2004 v6 4.0 SOHC (EBauer Trim). Searching for consistent info on what the torque specs for the upper intake manifold eight bolts are. The CD guide that I have has conflicting info, as the bolts shown are the Isolator bolts (9S479), but not the long threaded end bolts that are used to hold the manifold to the block. The specs for these isolator bolts is 80 in-lbs. My Chilton manual has the torque at 89 in-lbs, but that does show the correct long bolts (not the isolators).

Don't want to ruin anything at this stage of the game - so far, winning.

Also, my Chilton for spark plugs indicates 156 in-lbs for torque. Can anyone confirm that?

Thank you so much.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. dkl

dkl New Member

City, State:
      Northern CA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2002 Explorer XLT, 4.0L
      My Ford shop manual for the 2002 4.0L SOHC shows;

manifold intake; 10 Nm (89 Lb-in) these are the eight bolts that secure the plastic intake

spark plugs; 20 Nm (15 Lb-ft)

Sorry I can't confirm these torques for the 2004.

Last edited: March 9, 2018