Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Torsion lift vs stock height 95

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Cstoliker, July 2, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Cstoliker

Cstoliker Active Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2000 Explorer XLT
      I'm doing a Torsion lift on my 95 XLT. I measured and lifted about 1.5" so far. I know I should not got more then 2" over stock height. My question is what is stock height? My suspension has a lot of miles on it. I am at 33.5" from ground to highest part of fender cut out now with standard 235/75R15 tires.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. gmanpaint

gmanpaint Back in 5 minutes Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      STL MO
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      Modified 95 XLT
      Been so long since mine has been at stock height, I can't remember the numbers.

I would just go by the Lower control arms. Set them as flat across as you can for a stock ride height by adjusting the T-bars. Then you can do the TT lift, and get a measurement from there.