Toyo Kogo Transmission for the B2 Questions | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Toyo Kogo Transmission for the B2 Questions

Drobinson

Reaction score
City, State
Shelton, Washington
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 bronco II
I just picked up a B2 and found it had a bad transmission it is stuck in fourth gear. from the people i talked to the toyo kogo had changed the input shafts in 1986 to 1987 from the previous toyo kogo. any information on how to get information on rebuilds.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am sorry I am new at this what are sticky Threads, and how do i find this information. thanks

If you look at the top of the transmission section where this thread is posted, you will see other threads which are "pinned" to the top of this section. They move positions when somebody makes a post, but they are always on the top of the transmission forum main page.

Thank you Brooklynbay.
I am woundering if a toyo kogo transmission fit a 2.9 that came out of a 2.8 between the years of 83 to 87, because i am getting two differnet stories. One says that the input shaft is different and the other is saying if you take everything from the clutch back to the diff. as long as the bell bolts up the same it could fit?
From what i heard the mazda transmission (toyo kogo) is pain to rebuild.

Back