Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

TPMS module location

Discussion in '2007 - 2010 Explorer Sport Trac' started by Unclekth, June 15, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Unclekth

Unclekth New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    Sport Trac Limited
    Can anyone tell me where the TPMS Module is located in my 2010 Sport Trac? My sensors are all good and I keep getting the messages
    Tire Monitor Fault
    Tire Sensor Fault
    after about 20 minutes of driving.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. ifixcopcars

ifixcopcars New Member

City, State:
    Mead
    2010 Adrenalin 4.6
    Not sure where the module is, possibly in the drivers door. But, regardless of what you will probably read on this forum or anywhere else, if you are not using the OEM, band mounted wheel mounted sensors you will have problems. I have a '10 Adrenalin, when I got it I fought the problems you are describing. I could see it had aftermarket stem mounted sensors. I could reset them with my scanner and drive maybe 40 miles and the light would come on. Dismounted the tires and put in the blue, band mount Ford sensors, problem solved. For what it's worth, I manage a fleet of police vehicles, and we have approximately 60 Crown Vic's still in service. They use the same blue sensor and because of cost difference we have tried "replacement" stem mounted units, the aftermarket advertises them to work, but they have the same issues as my ST. Last time I checked, Motorcraft did not list anything but the band mounted units for my ST or the CV's

4. Tnarg Nodrog

Tnarg Nodrog New Member

City, State:
    Ontario
    2009 Adrenalin
    Timely information. I have had an inconsistent vibration from about 90km/hr to 110km/hr and after three tire balancing processes, a full front end allignment, a replacement drive shaft and universal joint assembly (~$1,4000CDN) The vibration continues. My local mechanic replaced all the TPMS bands with brand new ones....still have the occasional vibration...I had planned to replace the band type with valve stem types next Wednesday.....now, I'm not so sure! Any suggestions? Any ideas would be appreciated!

5. ifixcopcars

ifixcopcars New Member

City, State:
    Mead
    2010 Adrenalin 4.6
    Are your tires an aggressive tread? I have a 2000 Explorer 5.0 awd that is very particular about tire design. It works best with passenger car type tread, with anything slightly aggressive it tends to have a drone as well as vibrations. Is the wheel balancing a true dynamic balance? If the guy is trying to do a static balance you will never get it smooth. So if you have the OE aluminum wheels and don't want clip on weights on the outside, it takes a good balancer and lots of patience with stick on weights, but it can be done. I would stay with the OE tpms

6. Tike

Tike Active Member

City, State:
    Greater Philadelphia
    08 Ford Sport Trac XLT
    aftermarket TPMS sensors are notorious for having connection - but that being said that majority of the issues are because of something jamming or interfering. IE low quality chargers / electric devices / crap window tinting / aftermarket radios.