Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Tpms sensor fault

Discussion in 'Stock 2006 -2010 Explorers' started by Digitalgp, November 9, 2019.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. Digitalgp

Digitalgp Member

City, State:
    Hudson valley
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2007 Explorer Limited
    So of course about a week or so after putting on new tires now that the temperatures have plummeted I get the tire sensor fault message coming up. Is there any way to disable it or is the only way to replace the dead sensor? I can live without it since I was driving and regularly checking my tire pressures before they even became a thing.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. plasticseng

plasticseng Active Member

City, State:
    Central NC
    2002 XLS
    If you have Forscan, you can disable it in the GEM module. You can also leave it active, but go into the instrument cluster module to keep the warning off your dash.
    It's not real straightforward. You have to find the right line of code, convert the setting from hexidecimal to binary, change the right character, and then convert back to hexidecimal to get the value to input back into the module. I'm not well versed in it, but I was able to hack my way through it one day to turn off TPMS in my wife's 2008 Explorer.

4. Rod Robertson

Rod Robertson New Member

City, State:
    Pollock Pines
    1970 F250 Camper Special
    just did this with FORSCAN, and the toggle switch OBD reader for the Wife's 2009 Escape. Was lucky it had a plain english TPMS enable/disable option.

5. plasticseng

plasticseng Active Member

City, State:
    Central NC
    2002 XLS
    Sweet. I wish they all were like that.