Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

traffic and road work info on navigation system

Discussion in '2011-2016 My Ford Touch / In Vehicle Technology' started by russell bruesch, October 25, 2012.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. russell bruesch

russell bruesch Active Member

City, State:
    new buffalo michigan
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2017 limited explorer
    I have a 2011 explorer with navigation and the latest mft update installed . I am a subscriber to sirius traffic link. I recieve weather info and the weather map ok but have never recieved traffic and road construction info on my navigation map. I have all the road construction and detours etc enabled in map and route preferences. I believe the system only alerts you to road closures or road construction if you have a route programmed into the navigation system. I have taken many trips over the same interstate highway that was under construction for 10 miles and a 6 month period The nav system has never recognized or alerted me to the construction . Anyone else had this problem with this portion of sirius travel link ? I have not called them to see if this is a problem on their end because all other features of sirius travel link seem to work.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. 182RG

182RG Active Member

City, State:
    Winchester, VA
    '11 XLT / '13 Touareg TDI
  4. russell bruesch

russell bruesch Active Member

City, State:
    new buffalo michigan
    2017 limited explorer
    Looked at coverage area, not very usefull if your interstate traveling is away from major cities. I was in downtown chicago yesterday with a route programmed into the nav system and there were 2 consecutive major north south streets under construction with detour signs on the streets. Nothing showed up on my nav system about traffic flow or construction re-route info or anything else to alert me of the traffic headache. Pretty disappointed, pretty useless or non operative system. Yes i had a GPS signal also.

5. briteboy

briteboy Active Member

2011 Explorer XLT+Nav,MFT
    I don't have Sirius anymore, but when I did, I seem to remember a setting you could turn on for traffic and construction. Drill down on the settings menu.

Good luck

6. FordIVTteam

FordIVTteam Official Ford Rep

City, State:
    Dearborn, MI
    Ford Explorer
    You can also use SYNC Services for traffic, russell bruesch. :) Check out all things it can do:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/daily-drive-sync-myford-touch/sync-services-overview-card

Rebecca

7. Slimhaven

Slimhaven New Member

City, State:
    Lansdale, PA
    2012 Explorer Limited
    Travel Link Fail

Same issue with my 2012 Limited. When I first got her she would have pop ups of traffic congestion, accidents, and construction and would ask if I wanted detour. Have not seen it for months. I did contact Sirius and they just resent the signal thinking that would fix it but it was not to be. I am kind of hoping one of the MFT updates will straighten it out. It can be annoying when you are in an area with a lot of delays but it is nice when on a trip and you can get that optional detour to keep you moving.:usa::usa::usa::