Traffic Coloring on Route goes Away | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Traffic Coloring on Route goes Away

Tracker09

Reaction score
City, State
Hamden, CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer
I have a 2011 Explorer. In my Nav map in MFT the traffic coloring that highlights the route suddenly went away. This is annoying since it happened once before and didn't come back for over a year when I upgraded MFT to a newer version. I have my subscription currently active with Sirius and have attempted the following fixes in the following order.

Pulled out the nav SD card, waited put back in.
Pulled fuse for full reboot.
Master reset then pulled fuse for full reset.
Turned traffic features off then back on again.

None of this has worked and I'm out of ideas how to fix it. Am I SOL until I install the next update and then have it work for a few months before crapping out on me again? For reference I'm on MFT 3.5.1 with the latest maps, not that it matters. I was on older MFT with older maps the last time this happened.

Anyone else have more ideas of how to fix I can try?:mad:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Contact Sirius and have them resend the activation signal.

I have the same problem. My NavTraffic went out about two weeks ago. I contacted my Ford dealer who said it sounded like a SiriusXM problem. They suggested I contact them for a solution. I had already done all the same things you did (removed SD card, master reset, etc.). Sirius said I needed a "hard reset" so I took it to the dealer who reflashed and updated the Nav system - no luck. It must be Sirius' problem.

I then spent more than 8 hours over 3 days in SiriusXM customer service hell. Their Listener Care representatives, tech support people and system engineers refreshed, reset and rebooted my system at least six times. The conclusion was that it was a hardware problem. They said to have Ford contact them and they would tell them I needed a new APIM.

I brought the car back into the dealer and told them where we stood. The first service person told me he didn't have time to call Sirius and wait on hold. The next one I spoke with told me that this has happened to dozens of Fords with MFT over the last few weeks and that Ford is aware of it. He said that they are looking into it but have no idea why it is happening.

I sent an email to FordIVTeam this morning and am waiting for a response. I'll keep you posted.

I love the car, I HATE MFT.

Hi there -

Sorry to hear you are having some issues with our product. When you have a moment, send us an email with your contact info to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be happy to troubleshoot with you.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Contact Sirius and have them resend the activation signal.

I went through the having Sirius resend the signal last time and it didn't work so the problem is on the MFT end. When is the next MFT update? MAybe that will fix it for me.

In the same boat.... I took my Explorer in for the 26k service. At that time I was having issues with Sirius traffic/movie/weather/sports services. I had the same story about its a Sirius problem from the dealer. The dealer provided an update for my GPS not acquiring all the time and that fixed my Sirius issue. All was fine for about three weeks. I am now back in the same boat as you all with Sirius not pushing data to MFT.....!

I am really starting to get upset now..... I came over to Ford from a 2008 Escalade. Which was a pleasure to own. The customer care and maintenance puts Ford to shame. If I took my vehicle in the representatives knew about updates, and things got fixed if I brought them up. Always was giving a rental car, which I didn't have to pay for if I wanted it. I prepaid for Ford service plus extended warranty and get the deer in headlights look if I ask for a rental. Sure we can get you a rental but we can't cover the cost... My wife has a Benz and she gets a dealership loaner vehicle which is always a Benz.

I can say I have enjoyed my Ford Limited Explorer but that's when things are working and not broken. I posted another issue about the back of the third row breaking when I was inside cleaning the vehicle. Cory set up a visit to my local dealer. When I brought the vehicle in I got the same story as if I would have brought it in.. " yeah sorry we can not cover this item since you broke it". We can figure out a way to fix it if you like.... Hmmm, sorry its my fault Ford used cheap particle board on the back of third row seats and left a unsupported gap in-between the seats and the floor when they are stowed in lay flat position. Oh and don't get me started on the A pillar issue.... Mine is still having vibration issues when driving with a cross wind.... :(

I would like to say Cory is very helpful and puts forward his best to help us all... Cory is about the only thing I have been happy with while owning my Explorer. And the few months when things are work on my vehicle.... I guess my in-laws are winning the family bet of Ford living up to its acronym....

Off to bed but glad I am not alone with this issue....! Done with my Ford Rant for the night....

Sleep well all....

My sport is no longer showing any traffic updates either...makes me wonder if this is actually a sirus issue.

My sport is no longer showing any traffic updates either...makes me wonder if this is actually a sirus issue.

Don't think it's Sirius. Working fine on both the Explorer and the Touareg.

In response to my initial post, I received a phone call from a Sirius Listener Care representative. Apparently they monitor social media pretty closely. He was extremely interested in solving my problem and we spent close to an hour reviewing what had already been done and trouble shooting to see if we could solve the issue.

Unfortunately, nothing we tried worked. we even cancelled my subscription, confirmed that the radio was not receiving any signal, and then opened a new subscription which is similar to their master reset.

At the end of the process the Sirius rep was very careful to not point the finger at Ford, but the only conclusion they could draw was that it had to be a hardware issue. Given my experience with MFT, I would have to agree.

I haven't heard from Ford yet, I'm hoping they will respond to my email tomorrow.

How can I check to see if mine is working? I never noticed any of what you guys are mentioning. Can you give me the steps to check?

Thanks

How can I check to see if mine is working? I never noticed any of what you guys are mentioning. Can you give me the steps to check?

Thanks

If you have it, there will be green highlighting on the highway you are traveling on to indicate traffic is flowing smoothly, if it is slow it will be yellow or red. If the road is always the sort of magenta color and there is no highlighting it will not work. I'm 100% certain that this is an MFT issue where it just dies suddenly then won't work again until something drastic happens to MFT. It gets the Sirius signal just fine, that isn't the problem. I've had my explorer since Jan 11 and know the MFT quirks pretty well now. I'm also a software engineer so I can usually figure out how to get around things but this is has been the one problem with MFT I can't resolve. How long until the next updtae?

If you have it, there will be green highlighting on the highway you are traveling on to indicate traffic is flowing smoothly, if it is slow it will be yellow or red. If the road is always the sort of magenta color and there is no highlighting it will not work. I'm 100% certain that this is an MFT issue where it just dies suddenly then won't work again until something drastic happens to MFT. It gets the Sirius signal just fine, that isn't the problem. I've had my explorer since Jan 11 and know the MFT quirks pretty well now. I'm also a software engineer so I can usually figure out how to get around things but this is has been the one problem with MFT I can't resolve. How long until the next updtae?

So at the same time i have a destination programmed into the nav i'd have to have the phone connected to services? I see the green highlighting my route without connecting - never yellow or magenta.

So at the same time i have a destination programmed into the nav i'd have to have the phone connected to services? I see the green highlighting my route without connecting - never yellow or magenta.

No, traffic info is provided by Sirius via satellite.

Mine started working about two days later. I had loaded my tune and I think it reboots and clears the memory on some of the settings and out of nowhere it was working fine again...

There's a thread over at syncmyride.com about this very issue. I would suspect it's a Sirius issue, seeing as how MFT hasn't been updated in awhile and the problem seems to have just showed up. That's just a guess though.

There's a thread over at syncmyride.com about this very issue. I would suspect it's a Sirius issue, seeing as how MFT hasn't been updated in awhile and the problem seems to have just showed up. That's just a guess though.

For some of us, it's consistently worked with no issues.

For some of us, it's consistently worked with no issues.

I got my Explorer in Jan 11 and have this problem off and on since then. This isn't likely a Sirius problem and it didn't just show up. It has been around from day 1. I'm glad that it's working fine for some of you but that doesn't really help the rest of us very much does it?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got my Explorer in Jan 11 and have this problem off and on since then. This isn't likely a Sirius problem and it didn't just show up. It has been around from day 1. I'm glad that it's working fine for some of you but that doesn't really help the rest of us very much does it?

My point is it isn't Sirius. So, that helps you narrow it down, doesn't it. Otherwise we could just shut up and let you wallow around not knowing where to start........

Back