• Register Today It's free!

Trail Truck Build

KLJ777

Reaction score
City, State
Green Lane , PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT
My 93 explorer has found it s way back to me.
I have decided to build a non street legal trail truck.
I have lost front WD and and 4 low.need to fix both and decided to go a little crazy. Not a lot:exp::) of money.

Any recommendations

Not a lot of money and a little crazy appear to be opposing forces...

What is it you want to do? What kind of performance do you desire will lead you to mods as solutions to said questions...

That said, you have lots of options to maximize your ride...search this forum and therangerstation forum...lots of juicy info or modding your truck for your needs.

Reality

Looking at about a grand.
Tanny and motor are good.
Mostly looking to strengthen 4WD without new axles etc. Love Dana 60's but this is reality.
Lock outs ? Of course I need to get Front axle working again, sounds like ai broke something plastic in the drivers side.
I heard vacuum 4wd low switch is common.

:usa::roll::)

Thoughts ?

A good set of tires and Aussies diffs will take you really far once you repair your broken stuff. The explorer is capable of serious wheeling in mostly stock form if you know how to drive and not bash your truck. Your budget isn't very big, but IMO tires and diffs should be top. A good tune-up including fresh filters and fluids and once over for anything weak will make your life easier and a happy truck makes a happy driver. Also, spend some time digging in this forum and the ranger station forum as there are lots of ways to spend your budget depending on your mechanical abilities and resources beyond money.

Back