Trailer light scramble | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trailer light scramble

redfish99

Reaction score
I have an 02 XLT I have no running lights on trailer.Flashers work,brake lights work,lights dim when blinkers activated.I checked all fuses that the manual shows, and grounds,I checked with meter no power at plug in,no power at harness plugin..There is a scondary relay box under hood pass side.How do I check relays?Any help is appreciated.

I have an 02 XLT I have no running lights on trailer.Flashers work,brake lights work,lights dim when blinkers activated.I checked all fuses that the manual shows, and grounds,I checked with meter no power at plug in,no power at harness plugin.Manual showed relay box in rear passenger door that doesn't exist.There is a scondary relay box under hood pass side.How do I check relays?Does the manual being wrong mean that its the wrong one it shows 2002 explorer on cover?Any help is appreciated.

My 2002 Owner's Guide indicates that the rear relay box is behind the passenger side rear quarter trim panel, not the door. Try just switching all the relays around in there and see if the problem moves to another circuit.

What does each plug do on the 4plug harness connected next to the tow hitch? Is there a wiring diagram as to what the 4 wires that go to the hitch plug does? I need to wire up my trailer lights to the harness to plug into the Explorer harness.

Back