traveler

Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Mesa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 EB Explorer 5.0
Hey.. Has anyone other than myself discovered TrailsOffRoad.com? I came across it while searching for possible trails in AZ (wife wants to move there upon my retirement). It seems like a valuable resource that experienced off roaders could make contributions to as well. They are looking for folks to take trails, photograph and video the experience and write a report on it. Or am I way behind and everyone already knows about it? LoL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey.. Has anyone other than myself discovered TrailsOffRoad.com? I came across it while searching for possible trails in AZ (wife wants to move there upon my retirement). It seems like a valuable resource that experienced off roaders could make contributions to as well. They are looking for folks to take trails, photograph and video the experience and write a report on it. Or am I way behind and everyone already knows about it? LoL

You are a bit behind and yes they are a great resource.

I always like to look at pictures and read about trails I will be taking in the future. Trail ratings can be off a bit but research will always help plan for any trip...:D

Yea.. I had noticed the ratings were generic and the best way to decide about trails is the actual write up and pics.
Anyone here consider writing for them?

..I combine their pictures and writeups before a trip to learn about the trails and usually am still surprised of the difference when doing a trail.

We've had a couple people here do trail reports on there over the years. Can't think of anyone specific other than maybe Brian1.

I get the feeling you might want to do writeups on there? Contributing with pictures and/or writeups benefits so many people in the Offroad community for years to come. Do it. :)

I was actually thinking of local (well, Midwest) places that are listed on the site, but have no write-ups. Specifically SMORR. Though I have never been there (yet) I know that there are many people here who have been many times. I plan to go to SMORR next spring, I'll be sure to take lots of pics, vids, and notes and maybe do a write-up.
I also think that KSRocks deserves some attention.

Awesome. First perception writeups are invaluable as you I feel you get more out of a persons first impression on a trail.

It never hurts to contribute to existing writeups in the meantime as it gives you some practice on writing while also creating a writing style of your own.

You can do trail writeups here on ExplorerForum.com anytime and even when you contribute elsewhere. :biggthump

Back