Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Tranny Question???

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by Blaine122300, October 6, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Blaine122300

Blaine122300 Elite Non explorer owner

City, State:
      Tucson, AZ
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1997 Land Rover Disco
      Sometimes, but not always, when I put my X into drive, it won't go into gear right away. I will slightly apply throttle, and it just revvs up like its in Neutral. If I keep this slight pressure on the throttle, and slowly apply more, it will pop into gear. This all started after my last off roading trip. I'm just hoping I didn't cause irriversable damage to the tranny. My tranny is the original with 137K on it, and I just replaced the tranny fluid last May 2001 with synthetics at jiffy lube. Is my number up, and time for a rebuild, or is this something that I can just change the fluid and filter and call it good?

Any help appreciated.

thank you

Andy

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Alec

Alec Elite Moderator Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Houston, Texas
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2008 JK
      Did you go through any water on your last trip? Maybe your fluid is contaminated. Hopefully this isn't symptomatic of a major problem, it could also just be a sticking valve. Lucas tranny fix might help (if there isn't any water in there).