Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Transfer Case Clutch Assembly Question

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by DingoNatas, October 21, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. DingoNatas

DingoNatas New Member

City, State:
    Portland, Oregon
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1997 Ford Explorer E.B.
    I am not a mechanic. With that said I had an issue with 1997 Explorer E.B. V6 4WD transfer case. I pulled it and am following the 4405 rebuild instructions contained here in the forum. I got everything apart and am waiting on the Omega arm and Hi/low gear thing. This afternoon the kids hit the clutch assembly and it took a tumble. Is there a detrimental sequence and orientation the the clutch disks need to be in? Or, will lining up the disks with the gear and housing, alternating between “types” of disks, be ok? Is there a reference I can access to get an exact reassemble?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.