Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Transmission Dipstick Nut? What size?

Discussion in 'Stock 1995 - 2001 Explorers' started by Blacksheep Josh, July 22, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Blacksheep Josh

Blacksheep Josh Slinky+Escalator=Fun

City, State:
      Statesboro, GA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '01 Ford Ranger, RIP 93 X
      Needing to know what size the nut is that holds the dipstick tube on the bracket is? I've tried a few but can't find the right one, anyone know off hand?

It's for a 4.0L SOHC with 5r55e, I had a problem with the dipstick coming out of the tranny, just need that nut that holds it onto the stud on the passenger.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

City, State:
      VA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2005 Eddie Bauer 4.6L 4X4
      Shoot! I just had that off yesterday, to replace spark plugs. All I can tell you right now is the wrench size is 13mm, I know that is not what you need. Maybe I'll pull it back off in the AM and see if it matches up with a box of M8s I have.