Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Transmission gear indicator?

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by fury, June 18, 2005.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. fury

fury Active Member

City, State:
    austin,tx
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    99 ford explorer sport
    Dont know if this is the right forum for this so if its not please be gental :) . I recently rented a mazda 3 (and really liked it by the way) and really like the fact that on the instument cluster there was a little lcd display that indicated what gear the car was in. Now my question is where (if it even exists) can i get something like that for my ex? I could really use something like that to be able to tell what gear my transmission is in. Hope someone out there can help me out.

thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Glacier991

Glacier991 EF Tranny Guru Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Sacramento, CA 95827
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1992 XLT
    you could have something like that fabricated. The newer Ex's (yours qualifies) have a digital transmission range sensor whose output could be monitored and changed into something a digital display could present. Would be kind of a technological fun puzzle for some geek I would think. I wish I could tell you the output states for the DRS but I cannot.