Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Transmission issues.

Discussion in 'Transmissions & Transfer Cases' started by bigdaddytex69, July 7, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. bigdaddytex69

bigdaddytex69 New Member

City, State:
      Monte Vista, Colorado
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2002 Eddie Bauer
      Well i have been trying to fix my moms 2002 ford explorer eddie bauer. It has a v8 and the 5r55w tranny. It all started out when she was driving stoped at a stop sign then she took off and it was not shifting from 2nd to 3rd i would rev up then she let off and it would shift. So then i changed the filter and fluid. It ran good for awhile. Then it happened again except this time it would shift really rough. So i scanned it and it said gear 3 incorrect ratio and soleniod b or sometyhing like that. So i replaced the solenoid pack and fluid and filter again. It drove fine for a few more days then i didnt want to go at all. So she ran it threw the gears and it went. But when she got home we tried backing up and it wouldn go. So i tried to go forward and it went forward in all gears except drive. So hear i am now desparetly needing help.Can anyone help me cuz she needs this car. and i need any advice i can take. so please please help me

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
      Welcome to this forum! I've renamed your thread, and moved it into the transmissions section. Double check the fluid level in the transmission. Did you use a new gasket when you replaced the solenoid block? Did you use a torque wrench on the solenoid block bolts?