Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Transmission leak.

Discussion in 'Transmissions & Transfer Cases' started by barrycoish, June 19, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. barrycoish

barrycoish New Member

City, State:
      Kitchener, Ontario
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '98 Sport
      I have had a tranny leak for a while that finally got so bad I had to do something about it. I replaced the servo cover seals, valve body gasket, base pan gasket and filter. Thought I was good but drove to the store yesterday and got home with yet still leaking. Looks like it is coming from one of if not both of the servo areas. Would worn servo pin sleeves cause this. If so I am considering buying a set of new servos from AJ1E Superior Solutions, LLC online.

Last edited: June 19, 2011
    2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. barrycoish

barrycoish New Member

City, State:
      Kitchener, Ontario
      '98 Sport
      Also note that the truck is shifting fine and other than the leak I don't seem to have any other issues with the transmission.

4. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
    5. drdoom

drdoom Well-Known Member

City, State:
      VA
      2005 Eddie Bauer 4.6L 4X4
      I would check the vent line also. I had one that was plugged on the atmosphere side, causing it leak above the bell housing. The fluid was running down from above, and made it difficult to determine the source of the leak.