Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Transmission leaking in the morning when cold?

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by fury, November 17, 2005.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. fury

fury Active Member

City, State:
    austin,tx
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    99 ford explorer sport
    Long story short i got up this morning to go to the store started up my ex and then noticed tranny fluid just pouring out of my transmission where the bell houesing attaches to the engine for at least a 3 to 5min.:eek: what my first reaction followed by a couple of not so nice comments. I have known for a while i have a had a very small leak in about the same area but i always check the fluid level and really didnt notice that much change in the level. I just finished putting in some more tranny fluid and so far doesnt seem to be leaking anymore since this morning. So could it be because of the weather change (it has been in the 30 to 40's the last two mornings) that my tranny all of a sudden wants to pee allover the parking lot. I have never had my tranny leak so bad before. I have a 99 Ex sport with the 5R55E tranny.

any help would be appriciated
    thanks

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. hiridin

hiridin Active Member

City, State:
    tx
    1998 ford explorer 4x4
    tried to pm u but yer box it full. can't help with the tranny but was wondering when ur going to get some pics up with those new mtr's. and did u ever buy those wheels?

4. PS94

PS94 Member

City, State:
    Grande Prairie AB
    01 Sport
    eep. front seal I imagine..not an expensive part by any means, but, it's a PITA to change....

5. fury

fury Active Member

City, State:
    austin,tx
    99 ford explorer sport
    hiridin

i have just been to lazy to post some pics of my new tires. i might try to do it today seeing that i wont be going anywhere for a while
    and no i havent got the wheels yet

PS94
    thanks for the reply i just got finished talking to a tranny guy about my probelm and he suggested the same thing.

6. Nuggethead 420

Nuggethead 420 Active Member

City, State:
    Milwaukee, wi
    91 Eddie Bauer
    Front seal I have had to replace mine iis a cheap part but a pain to get to.
    Figure on a day of work for a $4.00 seal.