• Register Today It's free!

Truck camper

Ranger gal

Reaction score
City, State
Fort Walton Beach, Fl
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ford Ranger Sport 2007
I'm new here and am going to try to navigate my way around. I need help. I bought a 2007 Ford Ranger Sport with Extended Cab. Now, I know NOTHING about vehicles so I had a male friend go with me to pick it out. I just really liked the Ranger and needed a vehicle I could put a camper on. I'm wanting a truck camper but have no idea what size I need that will fit my camper. If "cargo box" on the specs means the length of the back, it's 6'. Do they make a camper that will fit it? Can anyone help me? I'm looking for new or used. Preferably, used. Thanx, Diane

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Reply to "do you want a topper like this?"

No, I want the full blown camper like the second one. But it says the overall bed length is much longer than my truck. My bed is only 6' according to the specs. I don't even know if they make one for a bed that small. I have the super cab tho so I guess that's why it's so short. And I can't find the site that told me the payload (but I DID run across it in my surfing) so I am really no help at all. I guess I'll have to call a Ford dealer to answer all my questions. Thank you for the reply. If you can answer any of these, I'll be very grateful.

Yea that should look fun to have
Good gas milage Alawys wanted to drive round da country...

Also you gotta understand that the overall length is from the front, the part over the roof of the truck ( and looks like even as far as over the top of the windshield) to the very back.

to devil boy

Devil Boy,
where is this one located?

I wonder if the rear axle bearings can handle the extra weight. I'd hate to see you loose a lollypop on the highway with that in the bed--:eek:

I wonder if the rear axle bearings can handle the extra weight. I'd hate to see you loose a lollypop on the highway with that in the bed--:eek:

I'm pretty sure the bearings would be fine, but the shocks, springs, and brakes would defently need to be upgraded

Ranger gal,

Check this out by Four Wheel Campers.

It is not as heavy as a full-bodied one, and has less wind resistance while you are driving.

Back