1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Truck Haven MLK weekend 2019 - 20th anniversary!

Discussion in 'Offroad 4x4 Runs Planning and Discussion' started by Rick, November 13, 2018.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Rick

Rick Pumpkin Pilot Staff Member Admin Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Wayoutin, Aridzona
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '93 XL Pumpkin Edition
      Callsign:
      AB7FH
      rick_dave.jpg This coming January's run at Truck Haven Hills near Salton City, CA will mark 20 years of having runs at that location.

Join us January 19-20 for a weekend of friends and fourwheeling.

Truck Haven is a huge playground for off-road vehicles. There are trails for everyone, from mild, to wild. This is a great place to test your driving abilities as well as the capabilities of your Explorer. You can see the kind of fun we've had during previous events by checking out a Trip Report from a previous run :)

Vehicle damage: There is always a possibility of vehicle damage any time you go offroading. Damage could be to the body, or mechanical.

The majority of participants camp with us at our Truck Haven base camp. Whether you sleep in a tent, Class A RV, or anything in between, you are welcome to join the group.

There are NO facilities available at Truck Haven. Camping is primitive with no water, toilets or showers available. If you have a porta potty bring it. A 5 gallon bucket with a plastic bag will work well :D

Bring everything you will need. Everyone is also requested to bring firewood to add to our traditional BIG campfire. If you can't bring any don't worry about it, but the more we have, the bigger the fire:D

Bring your own cooking supplies. If you don't have any should be able to share someone else's grill.

There is a Truck Stop, small grocery store, Mexican restaurant, and a Jack n the Box in Salton City.

Weather conditions in January usually consist of warm to hot days and cool to cold nights, rain could be present. High winds, and driving dust storms are always possible. Come prepared!

This is a check in thread, so if you are interested in joining us, please post here.

We welcome "Newbies"! This is a great place to learn the capabilities of your rig, and our regulars will be happy to show you the ropes.

Pot Luck Dinner

Saturday night we will have a pot luck dinner. Bring something that you would like to share with the group.

DSN_2879 (Large).jpg DSN_2962 (Large).jpg DSN_2983 (Large).jpg DSN_3027 (Large).jpg DSN_3070 (Large).jpg DSN_3125 (Large).jpg
      DSN_2907 (Large).jpg
      [​IMG]

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. JW

JW Third Gen Collector Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Valencia, CA
      A Pair Of Gen 3s
      Gonna have to try and do this one. Maybe if I get better tires on my 2004 (the one with the working tcase :D ) I'll bring it out and play on the bunny slopes.

• Like Like x 1
    4. R.J.

R.J. Elite Explorer

City, State:
      La Habra Hts, CA
      90 Bronco II
      I'm a maybe

• Like Like x 1
    5. Rick

Rick Pumpkin Pilot Staff Member Admin Elite Explorer

Media:
      Albums:
      City, State:
      Wayoutin, Aridzona
      '93 XL Pumpkin Edition
      Callsign:
      AB7FH
    6. crashhard

crashhard Member

City, State:
      Las Vegas
      1992 Explorer Sport 4x4
      I've never been to Truck Haven but i want to plan on making this trip. It is quite a haul from Vegas. Where is the camping / parking located? I will more than likely take Friday off so I can make the drive. What time does everyone usually arrive so i'm not moving motor home twice and wandering around lost.

Might drag a Jeep along with the ex as well.