Trying to correct previous modifications | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Trying to correct previous modifications

Countryboy276

Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, IN area
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Explorer Sport
Hello all,
I need some help figuring out how to correct some modifications made by the previous owner of my x. When I open the driver's side door the courtesy light does not come on, neither does the little ding, ding, ding when the lights are left on or the key is in the ignition.

While installing another mirror in the driver's door, I looked checked where the door ajar switch should be according too some other threads. It appears that the switch was removed. I found the wire connection for the door ajar switch dangling in the door well and it looks like someone installed a different bolt into door actuator, which is in a location that I could see the door ajar switch working.

What do I need to do to install a new switch? Would the door ajar switch being missing cause the dinger to not work when the lights are on or the key is in the ignition?

I work appreciate any insight anyone can give me.

Thanks
David

Yeah, they provably twisted the wires together too. We have an all Ford salvage yard here in Jacksonville If you can't find parts anywhere else. It's Rusty Acres (904)786-1777. They suply to body shops alot so most of thier stuff is like new. Thier prices are a little high sometimes but they w ill work with you.

Back