• Register Today It's free!

Trying to find new front seats

diesel_s

Reaction score
City, State
Buford, Ga
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 ST Limited
I need some new front seats in my Ex, the driver seat is no longer comfy, well it never was from the day i got it back in 2007. It squeaks, and moans, etc....and my passenger seat refuses to lock itself correctly, very annoying. I been looking for new seats, I have the front bucket seats with adj headrest and I was hoping to stick to that. Out of curiosity, could i possibly install newer explorer seats? only asking because I actually want to change my interiors color to all black soon...and i like the look of the newer ex seats

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What year are you looking to install? 3rd gen? 4th? 5th? Any of them can probably be used if there is space to accommodate, it would just be a matter of fabricating a mounting bracket for the seats to bolt to and then re-wiring. I doubt any of them are going to be direct bolt-on replacements.

Honestly no particular year, just some really nice looking leather seats, my current seats need to go

You should just find the seats you like best, take measurements to make sure they'd fit, and if you think you have the fabrication skills, start to design an adapter bracket to get them to bolt into your truck. Actually sounds like a fun project.

I definitely don't have the fabrication skills but i know a few people who do, been eyeing some racing seats...adjustable type, may look into those instead

im adapting my stock brackets to some 2010 ranger leather seats right now.

they were original 60/40 but i cut the driver down. super comfortable.
adb0a4ac.jpg

I definitely don't have the fabrication skills but i know a few people who do, been eyeing some racing seats...adjustable type, may look into those instead

I'm in the same boat and am going to go with some Corbeau seats and brackets. I don't have the fab skills to make my own brackets, and their seats look cool and have brackets available. The downside is it's expensive.

im adapting my stock brackets to some 2010 ranger leather seats right now.

they were original 60/40 but i cut the driver down. super comfortable.
adb0a4ac.jpg

wow bro, that is nice, i wish i had the fab skills lol

I'm in the same boat and am going to go with some Corbeau seats and brackets. I don't have the fab skills to make my own brackets, and their seats look cool and have brackets available. The downside is it's expensive.

yeah those things are super expensive

Back