Tunes for the N/A 3.5L Explorers | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Tunes for the N/A 3.5L Explorers

I also have a 2011 and was wondering if the programmer listed for 2013+ would work on it as well. I contacted you guys through your website and I am pretty sure they gave me the wrong part number. They told me I should purchase the lpp631126 which is just for any 2004 Ford or newer. If you could clear this up that would be awesome.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

COunt me as interested for the 2016 model 3.5 TiVCT also.

ALso to the people that think the 2-3 mpg improvement is impossible.

Understand there is quite a bit on manufacturing variance in the build of the motors. To account for those differences the makers (ALL OF THE MAKERS) tend to find a baseline and sell the cars on that "min spec" power level. Usually the tuning, or retuning, will bring out how much over "min spec" your particular engine will run. Some makers also detune a car slightly just to alleviate any warranty concerns. GM does this a lot.

so it is fairly common for a mild computer adjustment - to make fuller advantage of the motor and it's pumping ability.

It is equally true to find a case where tuning resulted is no effect at all. That is rather rare in my experience.

That part number is geared more towards the Crowns, trucks and early SUV's, I apologize.

Yeah that's what I saw when I looked at it and it didn't seem right. Thanks for your help.

That part number is geared more towards the Crowns, trucks and early SUV's, I apologize.

do you guys not have a tuner for the 3.5 TiVCT NA motor? Does anybody?

What tuner for N/a explorer 2014

Any tunes on the 2014 explorer 3.5 N/A I've been looking online all I see is the Diablo tuner but that's only for the sport..

Any tunes on the 2014 explorer 3.5 N/A I've been looking online all I see is the Diablo tuner but that's only for the sport..
I used the Forum's handy 'Search' feature and found this thread and merged yours with it.

Peter

With gains of over 31hp and 44tq on your otherwise stock Explorer our custom tuning is an absolute no brainer!

Thanks Peter..

About the tuner does the vehicle has to be taken to the dyno in order to work or is it a plug an play?

Your tuner will arrive to you completely blank, and ready to read info that will give us your factory calibration. You email that info to us, and we build you your tunes. When they are built we provide you with an app to download to your PC. This app will allow you to connect to our secured remote tuning server. All that you have to do is click "Update Tuner", and that will send us your factory calibration. Once we get that info to our calibration department we will have your custom tuning files ready for you in 24-48 hours. Whenever your tunes are ready to put onto your handheld we will email you letting you know that you can plug your tuner back into your PC and update the tuner again. After that, just load your tune onto your car and have fun!

Is a dyno tune required after tuner and custom tune is installed or is it plug and play?

It is not plug and play, but it also does not require any dyno time. My prior post does lay out the NA tuner process, and even includes the instructions for the EcoBoost if you happen to have that instead of the NA 3.5L variant.

Ford considers the 2016 NA engine vehicles to be the base vehicle. The EcoBoosts are the elevated trim levels.

2014 explorer limited performance mods

Hi guys, new user here. Lets start off this is my first ford purchase i have owned. Im really liking the 2014 explorer limited. I bought it brand new in 2014. Since i was a honda/acura guy, I cant own a car w/o doing any performance mods to it lol. Im looking for performance mods for the explorer. Mainly looking for exhaust cat backs. Would also look into engine mods too. Let me know what i can or cannot do to this explorer and what kind of parts i can get. Thanks guys

Hi guys, new user here. Lets start off this is my first ford purchase i have owned. Im really liking the 2014 explorer limited. I bought it brand new in 2014. Since i was a honda/acura guy, I cant own a car w/o doing any performance mods to it lol. Im looking for performance mods for the explorer. Mainly looking for exhaust cat backs. Would also look into engine mods too. Let me know what i can or cannot do to this explorer and what kind of parts i can get. Thanks guys

Start here

Welcome to the Forum. :wavey:
FYI, just scroll through the various threads in this sub forum. They are full of performance mods and others that are available and have been done. No need to have them all reposted again. Good luck. :thumbsup:

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, I think we need to start with what engine is inside of your Limited? Is it the 2L, 3.5L NA or the 3.5L EcoBoost? All 3 options were available for that model year.

If it is either 3.5L option tuning is the best mod that you could ever do! Unfortunately, we do not offer tuning for the smallest 2L offering.

Back