Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

turn signal stuck on.

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by nothinbutroad, June 27, 2013.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. nothinbutroad

nothinbutroad New Member

City, State:
    Grand Terrace
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    1991 ford explorer
    I have a problem with the right flasher. it works fine with the headlights off but when I turn the headlights on the flasher sticks on with the head lights. the bulbs are all good, changed them just to be sure and they all work individually. I think I have narrowed it down to a short in a ground wire which rubbed up against the battery and caused some corrosion

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...0183451819273.312285.516059272&type=1&theater

here is a photo on my facebook of what I think is the culprit. im not a mechanic or electrician by any means so I have no idea how to fix a short or where to begin. I squirted it with coke to clean some corrosion off the wire to better see it. I checked the pigtails to the lights and I found no corrosion or sign of damage. so this picture is the only lead I have so far. feel free to message me on facebook if you have any info or ideas.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.