turn signal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

turn signal

3rdy

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 XLT base V6
the other day I've noticed the other explorer turn signal blink more than 5 times, mine is only 5 blink on each turn. is there a way to adjust on how many blink each cycle? sorry if this is a dumb question.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't understand the question. What are you asking? It will blink until you have made the turn and it's turned off, or until you turn it off.

It sounds like you're maybe only pushing the lever down into lane change mode, so it blinks a few times and then goes off. If you push a bit harder, it will activate the blinker which will then stay on until you make your turn.

Lane change (quick push) is 3 blinks, push beyond the resistance and it will stay on until you turn.

thanks... got it! :)

I wish there was a way to change the number of blinks for the "lane change" feature. 3 isn't enough for my taste. I recently test drove a KiaK900 and you could change this feature from 3 to 4 or 5. I like that.

Tony

I wish there was a way to change the number of blinks for the "lane change" feature. 3 isn't enough for my taste. I recently test drove a KiaK900 and you could change this feature from 3 to 4 or 5. I like that.

Tony

me too, at first i though it was 5 blinks but when i pay attention and count its only 3 and hope there is option to increase or decrease as driver preference.

Back