Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

tweeter installation necessities

Discussion in 'Explorer Audio & Navigation' started by Jake Jackson, October 1, 2002.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. Jake Jackson

Jake Jackson Active Member

City, State:
    Frisco, Texas
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '13 Escape Titanium
    ok i now know what kind of tweeters i am interested in but i need to know what all i need to install the tweeters. besides cutting the hole i did a search and got a pretty good idea on how to do that. what parts do i need and what is reccomended?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. aldive

aldive Elite In Memoriam

1999 XLT
    For the installation, you will need to wire the crossovers and find a physical location for them. Next you will need to locate the tweeters; you can tape them in place in several trial locations to help determine where they sound best to YOU.

Good luvk......

4. raiderx72

raiderx72 Active Member

City, State:
    RockyHill,Ct
    '94 XLT
    I put my Crossovers mounted on the backseats and put the tweeters on the door trim like where the side mirrors are. ill try and get pictures
    pat

5. Rscotts1

Rscotts1 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    2002 XLS
    If you are going to flush mount them you will need a hole saw. I mounted mine close to where the side mirrors are and the crossovers are mounted in the rear. Also, if you opt to mount the crossovers in the rear somewhere, you will need to run 2 sets of speaker wires for each door.

We Support Our Troops!