TY For Having Me!! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TY For Having Me!!

Solarshelby

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Ford Explorer
I found you through a google search, my son has a 1997 explorer an the entire front tire, roter, spindle and we do not know what else came completely off while he was driving, and we'll we went back 24 hrs. Later and no parts to be found, trying to figure out what he needs to fix it, the spindle is there the break caliber, and pads also but no roter, no tire, no lug bolts??? Bless his heart can't catch a break.

So your son was driving and the front tire came off? I find it odd the rotor is missing, yet the caliper and brake pads are still present. Usually to get the rotor off, you have to undo the brake caliper.

The best thing you can do is take the wheel off the other side and see what is missing. I would also do some quick measurements to make sure the a-arms weren't pushed back once it hit the ground as he was driving. If you could post pictures, it would be easier to tell what's missing. If you are not familiar with hosting pictures and would rather email them so I can post, let me know.

And welcome aboard!!!

Ouch! Hope everyone is unharmed.

You've come to the right place. Keep checking here for responses to your post. It would be very helpful to the forum members if you could post pictures of the front end, from several angles.

Is there any other damage?

Back