upgrade: 38x15.50r15 tsl radials/ 15x10 mt classic 2's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

upgrade: 38x15.50r15 tsl radials/ 15x10 mt classic 2's

i just upgraded my wheel and tire package. :thumbsup: i bought 38x15.50r15 tsl radials and 15x10" mickey thompson classic 2's. and i actually got a good deal. from 4wheel parts of all places :eek: for once they shot low instead of way high. and shipping is free free free. should be in friday or this coming monday. i'm too excited :D pics will be coming. and my nearly new bfg mt 35x12.50's will be for sale right along with my rock crawler rims... mounted and balanced if anyone wants them together. anways pics will follow once i get them on. and upgrading the dana 44 to handle these meats is in the works...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm excited to see them :thumbsup:

-Drew

ExplorerDMB said:
I'm excited to see them :thumbsup:

-Drew

i am too. everyone told me the 35's looked small on there. i didn't think it looked bad. but oh well... i always wanted super swampers on my truck anyways. just never got them cuz of the low mileage u might get out of them. i'll find out soon enough.

m/t 2's are 'nice'. pita to keep polished but worth it.

got my new wheels and tires in today... got them mounted and took it for a drive. heard some bad scraping as soon a i took off. the weights on the inside of the wheels caught my dust shield and caliper and ripped the weights off one wheel. after some work with the shield and letting the caliper wear the weights ever so slightly it doesn't rub anymore. but anyways i'm going to have to buy the equal balancing stuff so i can get those weights off. no one in town has any so i have to wait. took it down the highway got it up to 65mph and even with one wheel having no weights there is no shake or shimmy to it so i should be good through the weekend. guy who delivered my wheels and tires came up in a 18wheeler. told me he sees my truck everyday and was wondering when i would put some real tires on it. told me it just didn't look right with a small mild treaded tire. after seeing what it looks like with them on there i have to agree. it looks 10 times better. and i now won't get anything less than a swamper for my truck. the tires are noisy and ride a little rougher but i expected that and it doesn't bother me in the least. i get no vibes at highway speeds and handling feels the same as before. power feels the same even though the tire is a good 2.2" taller than my 35's so iknow it can't be quite as good but i can't really notice. only thing i'll have to get used to is how much longer it takes to stop. which isn't a big deal... just slow down sooner. now i need to get these in some mud and see how they do. i'll try and get some pics... don't know if it will be today or monday but i will get some up. so far i am pleased with my purchase :thumbsup:

I want pics from all angles, please. :D

i got some pics up on my cardomain site. not the best pics, digi cam sucks and i'm not the greatest photographer. but u can pretty much see what it looks like. half the pics came out too dark to really see. some are blurry like i wasn't holding still or something. i dunno' some are decent though.

oh hell yeah

before
730638_46_full.jpg

after:

730638_61_full.jpg

Damn, looks good man.

Damn, that looks great. :cool:

truck of the week if you ask me =)

Oh and you can just leave those old 35's in Granger. Ill have someone swing by and pick them up :p

Texplorer said:
Oh and you can just leave those old 35's in Granger. Ill have someone swing by and pick them up :p

thanks guys for the compliments. i'm happy with how it turned out. :) and as far as leaving those tires in granger... my cousin lost his house... quit his job... and moved back in with his parents. all after i loaned him money to help get him back on his feet since he was having money problems :rolleyes: that'll teach me. thats been months ago and he now works enough to buy beer and cigs for the week ($50). nothing more. expecially not worried about paying me back. i'm not exactly happy with him right now. :thumbdwn: and wouldn't trust him to hold on to my tires. besides i'm using those bfg's to pay for 1 tire and about 2/3's or so of another. they are for sale though not even 8,000mi on them. i just broke them in for the person that buys them ;)

wow, that is awsome

man i had a dream last night i bought the same wheels and tires from 4wheel parts, buy one get three free (hahah). Although i woke up before i actually got to see how they look on my truck.

Creager said:
man i had a dream last night i bought the same wheels and tires from 4wheel parts, buy one get three free (hahah). Although i woke up before i actually got to see how they look on my truck.

lol, i think thats a sign... u know what u must now do. ;) and buy 3 get one free? that would be nice :thumbsup: maybe one day... on a side note they sent me the wrong back spacing on my wheels :( thought something didn't look quite right. seemed a little narrow. should've been 3.75" bs on the wheels. thats the only bs they list on the sight so i assumed that would be what i got. i obviously didn't realize it till i had put them on and scratched the insides with my dust sheilds... leaving them unreturnable. which i believe part of the reason i did that was cuz of the high back spacing... but they sent me wheels with 4.5" back space on them :( i wanted to get the wheels a little more sucked in to be easier on ball joints etc... since i was going with a larger tire but not that much. i like the tall wide look and i'm about an inch and a half narrower than planned. and that doesn't sound like alot but u can see it. 4" narrower than i was with my 2.5" bs wheels i had with my 35's. and i'm 2-3" taller meaning i'm more unstable than i was. yes its more practical to not be super wide but i liked the look of it. but its too late now and i just have to deal with it. its not like it looks bad or anything. just not exactly what i had in mind.

4.5 scraped along the dust shield?

i got 4.5 backspacing with some rock-crawlers, they havent scraped?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Creager said:
4.5 scraped along the dust shield?

i got 4.5 backspacing with some rock-crawlers, they havent scraped?

ya my dust shields were all bent out of shape. with the 2.5" back space wheels it didn't even come close to touching so i thought nothing of it when putting my new wheels on. but those new wheels caught those dust shields pretty bad. but like i said they were bent up. now they don't rub anymore since i bent them more straight than they were.

Back