Upgrading basic outside mirrors to turn-signal mirrors | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Upgrading basic outside mirrors to turn-signal mirrors

If you're asking about the stick-on mirrors, I'm sorry, I have no idea what the brand might be... quite honestly, they're just the cheap stick-on mirrors that any local auto parts store carries (probably Chinese-made).

Nothing fancy about them; the only thing I always do is remove the cheap white-colored double-sided tape they come with, and replace it with a new pad of 3M double-sided automotive trim tape... to make sure they stay put for many years!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

FYI, I get mine from Canadian Tire although NAPA Auto Parts also carry them. The ones I use are a 2". They are available in a larger size as well.

Peter

FYI, I get mine from Canadian Tire although NAPA Auto Parts also carry them. The ones I use are a 2". They are available in a larger size as well.

Peter
Canadian Tire for the win again. I never noticed that the convex mirrors don't adjust with the power mirrors. I'll have to take a look and see what my local CT carries. Or just order them off ebay.

Yeah, those things can be found just about anywhere... and man, are they handy!

Bob, I just took a look at the mirrors at my base and my factory convex mirror adjusts with the power mirror. Maybe it's different for PIUs?

Yea, mine turns with my main mirror also.

Back