For Sale - Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For Sale Upper control arms... Extended WITH UNIBALL

Oh, okay. Well looks like ill be contacting him!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Anybody know the cost of the ranger edge & sport trac uniball arms (1-piece) compared to these?

I am going to be ordering my upper control arms here soon,so I have a question that I was wandering if somebody could answer. What lubricant do you use for the uni ball?

I am going to be ordering my upper control arms here soon,so I have a question that I was wandering if somebody could answer. What lubricant do you use for the uni ball?

No lube. They have a Teflon liner which provides the lubrication, if you grease them, it just attracts dirt, which can become a gritty paste that will prematurely wear the Uniball.

No lube. They have a Teflon liner which provides the lubrication, if you grease them, it just attracts dirt, which can become a gritty paste that will prematurely wear the Uniball.

Thanks.

I ordered mine, can not wait to get them.

I got mine today! Awesome quality! Just need to get them painted and installed.

They are quite awesome. Hot mine coated a dark blue. :)

I put mine on today, lot easier than I thought it would be. Painted mine black.

So here is my question, how much harder is replacing the uniball when it goes out?

There's a snap ring that has to come out, and then you press it out. Press the new one in, and replace the snap ring.

Not a whole lot different than a stock ball joint as far as having to press it out and press a new one in. At least they won't come apart unexpectedly like a regular ball joint though.

I am close to ordering mine. Can you prfer them already painted or powdercoated?

I had mine custom powder coated but honestly if I had to do it all over again I would just have Brandon paint them. The powder coat was not necessary in my opinion.

Here are some pics of mine:
Raw Before Powder Coat:
BTFArms.jpg

After over a Year
photobucket-31564-1355871568963.jpg

During install:
StockUpperVSBTF.jpg

Other Pics I have:
IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

Like I said in the above post if i had to do it all over again I would have Brandon send me the arms painted black. The powder coat made it a little more difficult to re assemble the arms and overall I think that I would rather save the money and spend it elsewhere like a billet grille or black headlights instead of powder coating my control arms.

Does the handling improve? How long do they take to get once you order them? I am going to order them soon

They do improve the handling I would say. I installed them & all new rancho coilovers all the way around at the same time so i improved my ride quite a bit. I cannot say how much the handling improved from just the arms though. The misalignment spacers for these arms have to be custom machined so getting your arms depends on how soon those can be made (I don't know if Brandon keeps them in stock). I would expect around a 2 week turn around time. Worth it in my opinion & these arms are the best thing out there for these trucks.

Does the handling improve? How long do they take to get once you order them? I am going to order them soon

I agree with SUL73NAZ, it's a great upgrade if you're doing any kind of lift. If your stock control arms have worn out ball joints then the handling should be improved by the new arms. I think the biggest plus with these arms is durability. A stock balljoint can come apart. With these, the only way it's going to come apart is if you shear the bolt or break one of the tubes that the arms are made of...I think you'd have to be really jumping your truck or something to even come close to doing that....in which case you'd probably break something else first :D

I agree with SUL73NAZ, it's a great upgrade if you're doing any kind of lift. If your stock control arms have worn out ball joints then the handling should be improved by the new arms. I think the biggest plus with these arms is durability. A stock balljoint can come apart. With these, the only way it's going to come apart is if you shear the bolt or break one of the tubes that the arms are made of...I think you'd have to be really jumping your truck or something to even come close to doing that....in which case you'd probably break something else first :D

Steering Rack and Pinion Come to Mind LOL

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok new question, sorry if I missed it the answer. I understand there is a liner in there so you don't need lube, and don't want to lube it because it is an open joint and the dirt and stuff wearing out the liner, but are the balls stainless? Just wondering since I live in the rust belt with road salt and stuff are these going to rust and tear up the liner inside the same as the dirt would?

Back