URGENT 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

URGENT 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

jcdw00

Reaction score
City, State
Lincoln,California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer Sport
I own a 2001 for explorer sport trac with 170,000 miles on it. I have been putting water in the radiator and the reservoir. I drive around about 18 miles or so. I am having to fill it up again almost daily the radiator is taking water from the reservoir but not returning water to it. But the radiator is loosing water as well. I believe its either one of two problems. Either: the Lower Thermostat Housing need to be replaced or the a gasket is blown i started the truck this morning and ran it for 20 minutes and had water coming out the exhaust not sure if it was from the Cold weather we have been having or a head gasket that was blown

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If it's not leaking anywhere than it's probably burning it, blown head gasket :(. Hope you get it figured out

i vote towards the head gasket.

Cya

Turned out it was the lower thermostat housing i replaced it and well it works now no leaks thanks to you guys for all ur help and support

Back