Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

URGENT Sport Trac Injector Removal

Discussion in '2001-2005 Explorer Sport Trac' started by Peoples, January 31, 2016.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. Peoples

Peoples New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2001 Ford Explorer Sport
    Evening everyone, I have a 2001 Ford Sport Trac 4.0 SOHC that has a bad fuel injector on cylinder two. Has been misfiring so I checked the resistance, other injectors have sixteen, number two has nothing. I have been looking and havn't found any good information on how to change the injectors. I just need to pull the passenger side fuel rail off. Does anyone know the easiest way to do this, details would be nice.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Tifoez & Lavinia

Tifoez & Lavinia Active Member

City, State:
    Charleroi, Pennsylvania
    '01 XLT
    Have you found the info you were looking for??

4. sr139fox

sr139fox Active Member

City, State:
    North Carolina
    2001 Ford Sport Trac
    No sure how to it. I would start with you tube videos on changing the valve cover gaskets. Good luck. Dave P.