Used spacers, new spacers, r they safe ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Used spacers, new spacers, r they safe ?

4dlover

Reaction score
City, State
burlington,iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
After reading dozens of threads on strut spacers from various manufacturers, i was thinking of getting some myself however, there is no way i can afford new so i was wondering if anyone had some used ones for sale! I also want to know why u took them off and what your opinion of their safety was! Since i am sure i am not the only guy on a budget i thought maybe a compilation of all used lifts for 3rd gen on this thread might b handy! Chris 02 xlt firestone destination at 1.5 in body lift
:usa:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After reading dozens of threads on strut spacers from various manufacturers, i was thinking of getting some myself however, there is no way i can afford new so i was wondering if anyone had some used ones for sale! I also want to know why u took them off and what your opinion of their safety was! Since i am sure i am not the only guy on a budget i thought maybe a compilation of all used lifts for 3rd gen on this thread might b handy! Chris 02 xlt firestone destination at 1.5 in body lift
:usa:

If you are on that tight of a budget the lift spacers are not for you. Since you asked my opinion, I feel they are unsafe. You will be going thru excessive ball joint replacements.
JMHO

thanks

Thanks i appreciate the input, i am curious to c if a little less lift would do better and better ball joints! your opinion is appreciated!
:exp:

I have 1.5" fronts and 1.25" rears. I feel this is as big as you can go without needing extended upper arms. My 265's rub just a little only when backing and turning to the right.

awesome

sounds like a pretty safe option, i like what i hear who made yours, i might make them myself or try to retrofit new f150 spindles!

if you are looking for less maintenance issues then a body lift might be great for you ... but with any lift the added stress from bigger wheels/tires will give all the suspension/drivetrain components unneeded stess which will result in premature failure ... just my .02

Uniball a arms and spacers

Have to say i might wait and get some a arms from btf and spacers to go with i might have to save for a while but i think it might b worth the wait!

Back