Uwahrrie, NC Run - November 29-30 | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Uwahrrie, NC Run - November 29-30

Originally posted by AdamsGuitar
There were little ATV "jump hills" about every 20 feet that I had to drive over
Those are to keep the rain water from running so far down the hills and making huge ruts. They are what I was talking about earlier in this thread. Major pain in the ass huh?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Adam we were about 20 minutes late because my buddy in the chevy ran out of gas :rolleyes:

We got to the gas station around 12:20 and waited 5 minutes, then went on. I guess we missed you by about 5 minutes :(

Did you see any other vehicles out there?

We saw LOTS. It was mind blowing seeing all the trucks. We saw a lifted late-model montero, multiple lifted land rover discoveries, and even an H2 :eek:

On the big obstacle on sawmill (missed it last time) a guy in a lifted discovery and a guy in a D90 were going up in front of us. The D90 made it look like a cakewalk. But the discovery on 32's took about 5 passes to make it. I schooled him and did it on the first try and got a round of applause and driver of the day award from his 4x4 club LOL

I didn't get to make it up Daniel this time because about halfway up I pulled over to let a Jeep that was going down pass by and my explorer slid down the side!!!!! We had to put a bunch of tow straps, a chain, and my highlift on her to pull her back up. Let's just say that if I had gotten out of my seat, she would have rolled!

All in all, a great trip. I wish I got pics this time.......

Well, actually, I only saw a convoy of Jeeps once. Other than that (except for parked or driving on the roads, of course) we saw ZERO trucks on our trail. Again, I dunno much about Uwharrie, but I think I went on an ATV trail (Wolf Den to Falls Dam), as all I saw was a bunch of ATV's and two bikes.

I got a couple of pics. Bear in mind that these pics are before it got nasty. http://www.adam-robinson.net/truck/trailruns/2002-11-29/index.html

Originally posted by yob_yeknom
Those are to keep the rain water from running so far down the hills and making huge ruts. They are what I was talking about earlier in this thread. Major pain in the ass huh?

Aaah, I see your post now. Yeah, they're a pain. I can personally vouch that TT, shackles, and 31"s (no bl) will get you through. I did scrape the frame SEVERAL times (and one time ended up spinning the wheels in 4Lo, but not to the point of being high centered; I was able to reverse, reset my position, and go on as three ATV guys behind me cheered me on), but I didn't get so much as a scratch or a ding on my body. It even kept alignment, which amazed me, but then again, it was my first time wheeling, so I didn't know what to expect.

I would most certainly be up to going back there ANY time. If anyone plans to head up there, let me know and you've got a partner unless there's something that I absolutely have to do.

Also, I emailed you about getting an ECX sticker, as I talked to Jason and he says I'm in. I sent a couple of other things in the email, too. Did you get it or should I resend?

wish I could have made it

I am so upset that I was unable to go. I was actually looking forward to it, right until the old office called. Those *******s. Next time I will be there as long asI am not working. I wanted to test my Ex out. I havent had a good opportunity since I put the lift on it. Let me know if you guys plan anything else any time soon.

Originally posted by Jason_25
Let's just say that if I had gotten out of my seat, she would have rolled!

Does this happen a lot? I seem to remember it happening at Amicalola, and Jason said it had happened the day before :p :D

Originally posted by diablo5969
Does this happen a lot? I seem to remember it happening at Amicalola, and Jason said it had happened the day before :p :D
Yes LOL it happens all the time. I'm not exacly sure why though, I have very little lift. It's probably due to lack of suspension travel.

Originally posted by diablo5969

haha.. glad it was fun. i was simply stuffing my stomach with leftovers all weekend!

Back