v-8 70mm Throttle body Install-working out the bugs | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

v-8 70mm Throttle body Install-working out the bugs

Okay so I purchased a 70mm T-Body From Dynamic racing. It looks fine and all... its for a 1987-93 Im thinking this is the problem?
Well I took the old one off and then compared the 2 and everything is different. The TPS Bolts, the throttle hookup, the IAC so What should I do?
It would be alot of modd.. just to get it to work.
Or Do I need another type of throttle body?

Yeah he did. Everything in my rotating assembly is still stock parts. The cam spec said the power and starts under 2000 rpms but I honestly don't feel until after 2000 rpms. It's a pretty good cam overall. I still want to change the heads but I've read about fitment issues with TMH's?. Might do that down the road one day when I finish up my turbo 3v project.

Sounds good. Make that turbo project work great. The Explorer 302 is a weird monster, there isn't a simple path to building much more power, as you know already. The exhaust is crap from Ford, and the space under hood is so limited everything is tough to improve.

Back