Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

V8 sensors

Discussion in 'Modified 1995-2001 Explorers' started by christopherjones, August 2, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. christopherjones

christopherjones Member

City, State:
      prince george, british columbia
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      96 xl
      I am installing a 97 v8 from a explorer into a 96 that had a toast 4.0 w toast auto
      Changing out te engine harness only an leavin the bay wiring alone but What is the sensor in the side of the v8 oil pan. Is it necessary or can it be ignored for there is a sensor in the drivers side for oil
      The one I'm talking about comes up through the alternator harness. And te 2 model year alternator harnesses have different pompous an stiff
      All I'm wondering is if that sensor in the side of the Pan is important

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. blueka

blueka Elite Pickler Elite Explorer

City, State:
      UK
      97 UK XL & 99 Sport V8
      I've just done a V8 swap in a sport, the easiest way to do the swap, is to put the 2 trucks side by side, and swap EVERYTHING from one truck to the next... engine bay wiring loom, and everything else, the 96 has a different front axle set up to the 97... that will be your easiest way

Si

4. christopherjones

christopherjones Member

City, State:
      prince george, british columbia
      96 xl
      dont have the liberty of havingt the vehicle to sit next to it

not worried about front axle its vaqccum and easy to deal with electrically i have the 4406 manual shift tcase for the truck to bolt to the 4r70
      anyways
      the question was is the sensor in the passenger side of the oil pan with the 3 wires coming out of it needed for anything in particular as i could not find anything about it in the wiring schematics that i have for the vehicles

5. blueka

blueka Elite Pickler Elite Explorer

City, State:
      UK
      97 UK XL & 99 Sport V8
      was the engine out of a limited? cos they have the low oil level sensor in them, mine does....

Si