• Register Today It's free!

Vaccuum Tree Picture?

dbdb

Reaction score
City, State
Westminster, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Sport
Does anyone have a diagram/picture/drawing of the vaccuum tree layout for a 93 FE 2DR 4WD? I am trying to figure out how many lines and how many un-used vaccuum intakes there are. I see 2 intakes that are not covered and was thinking that they needed to be and that is what was causing my engine to make a hissing/whistling sound and stall on me sitting idle. Any help would be most appriciated.
Thanks in advance
Dan

On our 92 we had 4 lines..

1 to the heat riser
1 to the FPR
1 to the power brakes
1 to the Cruise Control..

I have a cap on the 5th one

~Mark

Ah yes,,,,she's whistling dixie eh ? I can relate....there is a vacuum tree of sorts that jets out of side of the throttle body....there is about 5 holes...there are about 3 that should be sealed with a typical vaccum plug, there is one that goes to the cruise control and the other I beleive to the brake booster....bottom line is that all of them need to be be plugged off with a vacuum line or a vacuum plug, if you do not it will whistle (sucking air) and run like garbage. Let me know if you can't figure it out and I'll get under my hood and map out exactly what you need to do with each one.

Thanks

I found out that 2 plugs had fallen off. So I got the replacements and put them on. $.42 to keep my engine from stalling and whistling. $.42 save me about $100.00 in labor. Anyway, I'm getting aa Chiltons just to be on the safe side. Thanks again for all the help from this board.
Dan

Back