Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Vaccuum Tree Picture?

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by dbdb, October 4, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. dbdb

dbdb New Member

City, State:
      Westminster, MD
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      93 Sport
      Does anyone have a diagram/picture/drawing of the vaccuum tree layout for a 93 FE 2DR 4WD? I am trying to figure out how many lines and how many un-used vaccuum intakes there are. I see 2 intakes that are not covered and was thinking that they needed to be and that is what was causing my engine to make a hissing/whistling sound and stall on me sitting idle. Any help would be most appriciated.
      Thanks in advance
      Dan

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Maniak

Maniak Moderator-Stock 91-94 Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

Media:
      City, State:
      Vail, Arizona
      1992 XLT 4x4
      On our 92 we had 4 lines..

1 to the heat riser
      1 to the FPR
      1 to the power brakes
      1 to the Cruise Control..

I have a cap on the 5th one

~Mark

4. jcarter

jcarter Member

City, State:
      Edmonton
      93 Sport
      Ah yes,,,,she's whistling dixie eh ? I can relate....there is a vacuum tree of sorts that jets out of side of the throttle body....there is about 5 holes...there are about 3 that should be sealed with a typical vaccum plug, there is one that goes to the cruise control and the other I beleive to the brake booster....bottom line is that all of them need to be be plugged off with a vacuum line or a vacuum plug, if you do not it will whistle (sucking air) and run like garbage. Let me know if you can't figure it out and I'll get under my hood and map out exactly what you need to do with each one.

5. dbdb

dbdb New Member

City, State:
      Westminster, MD
      93 Sport
      Thanks

I found out that 2 plugs had fallen off. So I got the replacements and put them on. $.42 to keep my engine from stalling and whistling. $.42 save me about $100.00 in labor. Anyway, I'm getting aa Chiltons just to be on the safe side. Thanks again for all the help from this board.
      Dan