vacuum, engine lopes | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

vacuum, engine lopes

gt fast

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 xl
so i was in the process of buildig a 92 explorer into a trail rig. so i pulled things out of engine bay i didnt need. fender wells, cruise control unit, the box and intake tube from old intake. i have a very loud engiune tap now under the hood, sounds like its coming from left front of motor(if looking at it from under hood). it sounds like a valve tap however i did replace 3 pushrods and rockers about 4 months ago. what oil do you recommend since im in denver colorado, plugs, heat range plugs things like that. i have a lot of spark knock,pinging going on during acceleration during warmer days as well. it just seems my engine is louder then any other explorer out there, i dont hear there power steering pumps whine like mine, theres dont tap rattle or poing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you removed your air filter, breather tube, mass airflow sensor etc that feeds air to your engine? Just asking to make sure I understand.

yes, but i till have the maf on there i jusst bought an adapter.
\

My advice would be to start putting stuff back on, didn't do it until you pulled stuff off?

well i did it barly when i bought the truck. everythig i pulled out didnt make it louder it got louder once the truck was in colorado. i was asking about the vacuum lines since i have pulled a few but either bypasssed them or plugged them as well. so im leaniung more towards valve is bad or omething.

Back