Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

vacuum, engine lopes

Discussion in 'Stock 1991 - 1994 Explorers' started by gt fast, July 25, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. gt fast

gt fast Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    92 xl
    so i was in the process of buildig a 92 explorer into a trail rig. so i pulled things out of engine bay i didnt need. fender wells, cruise control unit, the box and intake tube from old intake. i have a very loud engiune tap now under the hood, sounds like its coming from left front of motor(if looking at it from under hood). it sounds like a valve tap however i did replace 3 pushrods and rockers about 4 months ago. what oil do you recommend since im in denver colorado, plugs, heat range plugs things like that. i have a lot of spark knock,pinging going on during acceleration during warmer days as well. it just seems my engine is louder then any other explorer out there, i dont hear there power steering pumps whine like mine, theres dont tap rattle or poing.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. wood1

wood1 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    North of Edmonton
    '93 XLT, Cayman Green RIP
    you removed your air filter, breather tube, mass airflow sensor etc that feeds air to your engine? Just asking to make sure I understand.

4. gt fast

gt fast Member

92 xl
    yes, but i till have the maf on there i jusst bought an adapter.
    \

5. wood1

wood1 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    North of Edmonton
    '93 XLT, Cayman Green RIP
    My advice would be to start putting stuff back on, didn't do it until you pulled stuff off?

6. gt fast

gt fast Member

92 xl
    well i did it barly when i bought the truck. everythig i pulled out didnt make it louder it got louder once the truck was in colorado. i was asking about the vacuum lines since i have pulled a few but either bypasssed them or plugged them as well. so im leaniung more towards valve is bad or omething.

We Support Our Troops!