• Register Today It's free!

Vasser, Michigan in January

MustangShane

Reaction score
City, State
Lake Orion, Mi
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 4dr XLT 4x4.
I'm looking to make a run on some state land a friend showed me in Vasser, Michigan around the 15th of January. There's something for everyone on these trails. It's alot of fun. Let me know if your interested. I'm also on 4given4x4.com and have some people from that site coming along as well. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like fun... If you go out in some of that good Michagan snow, you gonna need taller tires Shane!

BTW, tire cables work... Chains are too large for wheeling in the snow - they hit all the sheetmetal - but the cables do a good job and will add lots of traction. Make sure someone has a winch. :D

We were already there in the snow, and it was great. I was only stuck once. If you want some pics I have them. You should come up for this. As for the tires... I'm looking for some 32's. Have any or know someone getting rid of some?

All I've got is a set of trail dogs... They are not what you would EVER want to drive on the street - but would be OK in a pure off-road setting. Bias ply wampers... with some wear.

Wish I could get up there to wheel with you guys. I like snow. I'm a Wisconsin native.

On my bulk milk route in western Wisconsin, I once folded up the side mirrors on a 92 Freightliner going through drifts...

Wish they had digital cameras back then - I would have pics of that... but this is the best I have...

15014Milk_Truck_1a.jpg

Thats winter here in Michigan too (like in the pic.). Maybe I can help you out if you'd really like to come up. I'd be good to hang out with you and your wife again. You'd get to meet the new baby too!

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same place but I've been to some trails in Vassar on Oak Road and they were pretty cool. It used to be a place where I think a concrete company got their sand and there are a whole bunch of pits and trails and it goes back for miles.

Yeah I think thats the place. Looks like somewhere they teach people how to use contruction equipment.

Where exactly is Vassar? You should head over to midwestoffroad.com and make a post over there too. A bunch of Michigan guys over there that may be willing to make it out.

It's in the thumb area about an hour north of Lapeer. You willing to join us EB? It'd be great to meet you, since I couldn't make the Badlands trip. I'll jump over to midwest and do just that.

Thanks for the offer Shane, but between my schedule and my guilt trip from having to have others supply my needs in order to make the trip, it would be better to just hold off... Some of the guys from 4given are talking about making a Kentucky run though... Somehow, I ended up in the middle of that discussion... :D

Yeah, you ending up in the middle doesn't suprise me. Oh and no guilt, it would just be for fun.

I may have to try and make it out there. Any idea of when in January? I don't think there is anything that I have important going on then.

Looking at either the weekend of the 15th or the 22and.

I'll have to let you know for sure when it gets closer to that time.

How difficult are the trails? How many people are planning on going so far?

Like I said there's something for everyone. There are some areas you'll need alot of lift but most are good for stock to small lift and some tires.

Do you want some pics?

Well two so far. But things just got going this morning.

EBInterceptor said:
How many people are planning on going so far?
Two so far.

They've tried to seal that place up from time to time. Apparantely the owners don't like people going there but a lot of people ride out there anyways.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So this is legal offroading?

Back