Vasser, Michigan in January | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Vasser, Michigan in January

Yes, it's all state land. Open to the public. At least thats what I was told. Maybe were not talking about the same place Jakep.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My friend found it when he was looking for state hunting land. I'm under the impression it was on the map as that. If I'm wrong then we'll need to cancel, I dont want to piss off some land owner.

Yeah I think it is state land as well, it's just that they seem to rebuild the burm where the entrance to the place is every once in a while, at least at the side we go in. I wouldn't worry about getting in trouble though b/c we've never had problems with cops or anyone getting angry.

P.S. sorry if I confused you before when I said something about the owners of the land, I was mistaken.

Jakep,
Well better safe than sorry. I'm going to double check it anyways, just to be safe.

I found it on the DNR website and it is state owned land and open to the public. So were good to go.

Alright good deal.

Hello, is this run still on I am from Monroe Michigan and I am thinking about showing up. What are the details, exactly what day is it, and how many people will be showing up. Something for everyone was mentioned, my truck sports a 3 " body lift and 31s". Other than that it a stock rig with 210K miles with the original motor, trans, and auto hubs. Of course I plan on driving it there and back, then drive it back to work on Monday.

slim

JakeP,
So you thinking about coming?
Slim,
You are more than welcome to show up. I dont have a meeting point yet. We can all work that out. It's going to be the 22and of January and so far there are about three or four confirmed going and about 10 others that are going to decide. Your rig sounds perfect for this. I had a good time with my stock height truck and 30x9.5's and I drive mine daily. The only thing I might suggest is quick disconnects for the front sway bar. I wish I would have had mine. Would have made the trail ride alot more fun (probably wouldn't have gotten stuck). Keep checking in to find out more or you can just e-mail me and I'll let you know what I know.

I actually don't think I can come b/c I will be at school in Grand Rapids. If I could make it though I'd be in my Blazer, b/c the truck I have listed is actually my mom's and I don't think she would be too keen on my taking that out there.

jakep said:
I actually don't think I can come b/c I will be at school in Grand Rapids. If I could make it though I'd be in my Blazer, b/c the truck I have listed is actually my mom's and I don't think she would be too keen on my taking that out there.

Why? :D

Yeah I went mudding once in my truck and she told me right then and there she would kill me if I ever thought about taking hers. And I do value my life some.

Why not bring the blazer? Or is it that bad.

No the blazer is just fine. It's just that I'll be at school in Grand Rapids. Otherwise I'd definitely be there.

Which school?

Grand Valley State University in the big town of Allendale. It makes Frankenmuth look big.

The reason I usually say Grand Rapids is b/c no one has ever heard of Allendale.

The only thing to do in Allendale is to go to Grand Rapids. My brother actually spent 3 years there after transferring in and graduated from GVSU. I usually say I'm from GR, though I'm 20 min. outside of it. and about 30-40 min. from Allendale.

Yeah it's nice out here but there is absolutely nothing to do in this little town. And it's true the only thing to do is go to grand rapids.

Hey,
Is there any certain reason you guys are planning on a thursday instead of the weekend. I would love to join you guys but Im not sure if I would be able to make it on thursday. On a side note how far of a drive do you think it is from Lansing?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Come and join us. It's in January not this month. It'll be about 2 hours if you take I-69. Maybe a touch more depending on what exit you take to Vasser (M-15 or M-24).

Back