Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Vibration from one wheel

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by B94Sport, September 14, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. B94Sport

B94Sport Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Geneva, IL
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      05 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
      I was on my way back to school from home (300 mile trip), and I noticed that when I would turn the steering wheel slightly (we're talking about 2 degrees here) to the left, I would get a vibration from the driver's side wheel that could be felt through the floor of the cabin and also the accelerator pedal. It was a feeling similar to when you cross a lane line and one of your wheels drives along those notches cut in the road to wake people up (I don't know if anyone has ever seen those before)... But the vibration was not as bad as what you feel when you run over those notches. This was more subtle. Anyway... If I keep the wheel straight or turn to the right, there is no vibration at all. I just had the bearings repacked, pads and rotors replaced and calipers serviced about 3000 miles ago. When I had all that stuff fixed, the symptom was a clunking noise that forced the truck to pull one direction. This new problem is nowhere near that bad, but I am wondering if anyone thinks this is something major or if it's just something little? Anyone have ideas?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. dogfriend

dogfriend Human-Animal Hybrid

City, State:
      Carmichael, CA
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '97 Sport 4x4
      check your tires

If you had an alignment problem, you may have worn a pattern into the edge of the tire. I now have a little of this because I didn't rotate the tires like I should have. I can see and feel kind of a rippled pattern on the outboard edge of the tire tread. Before I swapped the tires to the rear, I was getting some vibration while turning (both sides because both tires have pattern)