• Register Today It's free!

Vibration when turning right

Coach Mike

Reaction score
City, State
Johnsburg, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Mercury Mountaineer
Just finished changing the starter and went to jockey cars back. Noticed a lot of vibration when turning to the right. My son watched from the outside as I did this and he said the front passenger wheel was wobbling alot. The starter went last week and I changed it today so it has not been driven since last week and it did not do this before today.

I don't think anything is related as that was all I did beyond jacking it up from the front driver's side to get under there. Any thoughts on where I should look first?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If the wheels are turned without the engine running air can get in the power steering system. Try turning the wheels from lock to lock a couple of times with the engine running. Be sure not to hold the wheel at "lock" for any period of time.

Well we did have to push the car to get it into the garage and turned without it running so that could very well be it. Should I do this while in park or will just driving it around a bit clear it up?

Well we did have to push the car to get it into the garage and turned without it running so that could very well be it. Should I do this while in park or will just driving it around a bit clear it up?

Try it in park. It is better if you can do it with the front wheels on dirt as opposed to pavement.

That did it!!! Thanks so much for the quick fix and reply Big Rondo!!!!

You're welcome! Glad I could help out. :thumbsup:

Back