video with a few seconds of a white X draggin' | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

video with a few seconds of a white X draggin'

See thats the kinda talk, that Im refering too, so your saying all vehicles are made to go fast or go off road huh?? RIGHT, think that one over again. And your saying that 4 wheeling your explorer doesnt tear it up?? HA HA..I have been wheeling in some purpose build trucks, and they still break..and I was in a lowrider this weekend, that would have smoked the **** out of your explorer I garentee that it would..its a 10 second lowrider..so say somthing about that..it serves the ONE of your TWO purposes that you were talking about..to go fast..:D There is more to wheeling in this world, I mean I live in st. louis, how many places are there to go wheeling in a city, you want me to drive over some park benches or somthing..so around here we are kinda street oriented. Your saying we have a low mentality, you try to figure out how to mount up the bags, its really not that easy at all, and another thing..go out side and body drop your explorer..FIGURE that one out..it might sound simple..oh its not..so keep saying things about lowriders and ill keep explaing our LOW mentality.:fire: :mattmoon:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've always liked the look of a cleanly lowered vehicle but what's the fine for draggin'?

agreed.

On a side note, saying that dragging is ruinign the car is like looking at a Bagged car and saying, they lowered it so bad the camber is way off and you can't drive it without wasting the tires. I highly doubt most of these guys constantly drag their chasis, and like already said, they are almost guaranteed using spark blocks. If you have enough brains to get your truck that low and do some of the mods those guys do, then i think you would have enough brains to know dragging your frame would cause damage. I dont want to complain but i hate it when people make judgements before knowing the facts. open-mindedness is the key to peace and harmony. Personally, i wouldn't drop my X that low unless it was a strictly show truck, but none the less i think its pretty cool.

I have never got a ticket for sparking down the highway, but I have got a ticket for my headlights being to low, the coolest thing I have ever seen is last year I was at a car show and this truck got pulled over, and the cop busted out a tape measure and started to measure the height of his head lights, and as soon as he started to measure the lights, the owner of the truck fliped the switch and set the truck on the ground, the cop jumped back about 5 feet and walked right over to the window of the truck and starting writing a ticket..it was the funniest thing i have ever seen..
I had my truck skid plated with 1/4 inch steel, but only the important parts where skid plated, such as the gas tank, even though I had it lifted so it wouldnt hit the ground, I had the front cross memeber skid plated and reinfored, just like the tranny cross member..the parts that really only hit the most were the cross members..and the spring perch in the rear going over speed bumbs..but it was a blast looking back when you hit a bump and see all sparks flying..

Originally posted by JGAMBLE
A vehicle serves one of two purposed - go fast or go off road.

That's the most biased/close minded opinion I have ever heard on these boards.

Whether for onroad or off, most people on this board, spend time and money on their vehicles to improve some function of the vehicle. Of course, some, or most, spend a little extra to make it look a little better; all of us are human. The only real problem I have with this whole "scraping" crap is that it serves absolutely no purpose except to try to show boat. The only reason for it is to try to get others around you to stare and think you are cool for doing it. Whether or not the body, frame, or blocks are actually what is draggin, it is harmful to the vehicle. The vibration and hitting (street obstacles) will damage any and all parts of the body/frame.

But hey, they are those guys trucks, and they can do whatever they want, great for them! But more practical people who care about maintaining their vehicles in a proper manner and not showing off to everybody on the road, will think the concept it stupid.

Robb

ya, it is totaly to show off, but what about the guys that go fourwheeling in front of a bunch of people, they are showing off too, its just all to show off what you got, but everyone wants to show off dont they at some point?? I still havent found a point in 4 wheelin, it surves really no purpose either does it?? But hey everyone has there own way of having fun, I just wish you wouldnt be doggin on us that like to have fun on the street and not in the mud..

Originally posted by WannaXP8
I still havent found a point in 4 wheelin, it surves really no purpose either does it??

Be careful what you say, this is, after all, a 4x4 message board. Offroaders like to wheel because they like being outdoors or they like to stretch their trucks to the limits, or basically any other reason you could think of. Street guys like to go fast, some like to cruise, and some like to act like total deliquents.

POINT: We all do the things we do because we like to do it. Those guys like to drag, although it may not be the most responsible thing to do.

some people drag, some people jack their stuff up... some stay on the road some go off.... Its all a matter of opinion. By the way did you know that if you rip up one of the reflectors its $150 to replace it? anyway someone said whats the fine for dragging.. just thought id add that

ya, it is totaly to show off, but what about the guys that go fourwheeling in front of a bunch of people
In front of a bunch of people? I'm not sure how many fourwheeling runs you have been on but one of the main reasons I go is to get away from people.

Originally posted by kingsleysurf
some people drag, some people jack their stuff up...

Yeah i like to jack my stuff

what are you talkin about?

Edit: Nevermind, i thought it said you like to jack my stuff... by the way i meant the car... not your meat

oh i'd like both

why does every post about a lowrider in the sport truck section get so many responses from ill tempered offroaders? if you hate lowriders or sport trucks so much then why are you browsing in this section?
Bottom line is i like motor sports of all kinds....if it has an engine and does something cool and different then it is alright w/ me......so if you dont have ANYTHING NICE to say then hit the back button on your browser. Im real tired of seeing back and forth insulting between the sport truckers and the offroaders and i wish every one would quit and that a moderator would step in every now and then to cut out the filth.....you know a real car enthusiast would respond w/ ways that they could create the sparks without tearing up their car.

You do have a point about the thread being posted in the sport trucks section of the forum. I guess us off-roaders forget that this sit might be called explorer4x4 but we still left a hole for the low-rider amongst us. I got a quick question, it can't be legal for a car to scrape and much less create sparks while on a public highway.

Jason_25, I have looked at all your guys trail run pics and other pics of you guys playing in the mud, and I sure see more than ONE explorer out there, so I dont know how you are getting away from people with 20 other trucks behind you...and if you werent showing off you wouldnt be taking pics of it would you??

I THINK THIS IS THE PHRASE THAT SHOULD SUM IT ALL UP TO END THE FIGHT BETWEEN OFF-ROADERS AND STREET DRIVERS..

OFF-ROADERS FLEX AND PLAY IN THE MUD, STREET TRUCKERS SPARK AND PLAY WITH SWITCHES..

Grow up.

Yes opinions are like a holes, everybody has one, even me.

Who cares about any of this 4x4 vs street crap! That is so retarded! This is not a war, it is a hobby. If you want to make a 9 second car from a Geo Storm you've got my support. If you want to run 44" swampers on the street and never take them in the dirt, you have my support, if you want to build your Explorer into an off road monster then you really have my support, but who really cares?

I mean if you add vent visors to a stock Explorer good for you. If you drop 30K into a 5.0L for your 91 Sport, great! It doesnt matter to me!

The street trucks and low riders learn alot from us, and we learn alot from them, it doesnt matter if you go up high or down low, it doesnt matter if you spent 10 g's to get twenty five different colors of neon light to shoot out from under your truck, it;s your 10 g's, spend it as you wish.

Cant we all just get along?

Bottom line, start arguing about stuff like this, whos wrong whos right, post all the opinions you want, flame each other to death, then stop, close your eyes, remember 9-11, and see how all this means nothing. Life inthe real world is what it;s all about, we all need to pull together in everything we do...............

......the coolest thing I have ever seen is last year I was at a car show and this truck got pulled over, and the cop busted out a tape measure and started to measure the height of his head lights, and as soon as he started to measure the lights, the owner of the truck fliped the switch and set the truck on the ground, the cop jumped back about 5 feet and walked right over to the window of the truck and starting writing a ticket..it was the funniest thing i have ever seen..

that's funny LOL . I can't remember but I think around here they can actually impound your vehicle for dragging. I think its a $350 fine because they say it damages the road, which obviously it can. You do have irresponsible street/lowrider people just like there's offroad people who tear up public land, etc, which is why its illegal to offroad in so many places now. We had one really good offroading place, but it was closed down because of the actions of a few who didn't respect the land.

For me personally I have a few project vehicles. One is being built on a custom tube frame and will lay body. This is my show truck and will definitely never drag. Another vehicle of mine will lay frame. My 02 Sport will probabably never go lower than 5" and might actually see a few performance upgrades one of these days. I have another 2wd truck that once I finally get to working on again will be a prerunner. My friend and I both help each other out working on our vehicles. He has a fullsize we put a suspension lift on (might get a straight axle swap) which currently sits on 35's. This is going to be his show vehicle and it will probably never see mud after it gets new paint. He also has an '02 Tahoe on 20's that should be getting a mild drop soon, and he's also picking up another OLD project truck soon. Both of us our enthusiasts and enjoy working on both street and offroad vehicles. I don't see any reason to argue which is better, which is absolutely pointless, etc, etc because its only a matter of opinion and personal preference. Do what you like to your own vehicle(s), obviously your entitled to voice your own opinion, but if its soley based on your point of view for not liking an entire genre of vehicles is ignorant.

Originally posted by 410Fortune
Grow up.

Yes opinions are like a holes, everybody has one, even me.

Who cares about any of this 4x4 vs street crap! That is so retarded! This is not a war, it is a hobby. If you want to make a 9 second car from a Geo Storm you've got my support. If you want to run 44" swampers on the street and never take them in the dirt, you have my support, if you want to build your Explorer into an off road monster then you really have my support, but who really cares?

I mean if you add vent visors to a stock Explorer good for you. If you drop 30K into a 5.0L for your 91 Sport, great! It doesnt matter to me!

The street trucks and low riders learn alot from us, and we learn alot from them, it doesnt matter if you go up high or down low, it doesnt matter if you spent 10 g's to get twenty five different colors of neon light to shoot out from under your truck, it;s your 10 g's, spend it as you wish.

Cant we all just get along?

Bottom line, start arguing about stuff like this, whos wrong whos right, post all the opinions you want, flame each other to death, then stop, close your eyes, remember 9-11, and see how all this means nothing. Life inthe real world is what it;s all about, we all need to pull together in everything we do...............

Well said!

I personally like ALL Explorers, be it Ricks extreme 4X4 monster,Hartmans Blacked out ride,Jimabena's convertable, or Fakrwee's Mazda Navaho.

This is a FORD EXPLORER board, not a strictly 4X4 or street truck board. Lets all live in peace.....:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That Video, along with Alec's comment remindes me of a joke

What Do you call a dog with no hind legs and steel balls?

SPARKEY!

To each is own, let the guys spark its not hurting our trucks.

Ryan

Back