Virginia Explorers - GWNF Offroad Run Nov 2012 | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Virginia Explorers - GWNF Offroad Run Nov 2012

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OBX Trip! Well not anytime soon, but after the winter and before "in-season" begins. Anyone know what time "in-season" is down there. I've been down there once while in college, and the beach is full of dunes before they groom it for all the tourists. Really want to hit that up again before its flattened out. Anyone interested?

OBX Trip! Well not anytime soon, but after the winter and before "in-season" begins. Anyone know what time "in-season" is down there. I've been down there once while in college, and the beach is full of dunes before they groom it for all the tourists. Really want to hit that up again before its flattened out. Anyone interested?

I'm still interested in a Peter's mill/taskers gap run over the winter.

GSE Brent and I have been talking about getting one together. It'd be cool to get an even bigger group than just us 2.

Ronin I like the winter trip idea as well.

Maybe if I can get my butt in gear on my ranger I'll be able to join in. I already have the driveline out of the ranger. The 5.0 is on the stand ready to go, Trans and t-case are sitting under it too. I also have the superlift, front 4.88s and locker. All I need is driveshafts, wheels and tires and a few random odds and ends and I would have everything. Just to find the time..........

OBX would be awesome

Hey guys, I am new to va, I have a lifted 2nd gen on 33s and would love to go off roading soon, I am in need of a front drive shaft to get back to 4wd but will still give it a heck of a try, let me know if anyone has future plans or an extra drive shaft you wanna sell, thanks guys

Hey guys, I am new to va, I have a lifted 2nd gen on 33s and would love to go off roading soon, I am in need of a front drive shaft to get back to 4wd but will still give it a heck of a try, let me know if anyone has future plans or an extra drive shaft you wanna sell, thanks guys

You must be related to Brandon96 cause he has a lifted 2nd gen and did the whole run without a front driveshaft....

Depending whether I get a new driveshaft or just lengthen my current one for my SAS I may have one available. Unfortunately I don't spend much time in va now with school.

Yea I have found a few but the cheapest one I have found is $280, it sucks having the 5.0 with awd

I got a stock one that I'm not gonna use. PM me

delayed carnage report

hey guys....

Remember the quick sand/ silt trap that i found? Remember the awful grinding noise from front left wheel? Well this is what that looks like a little ways down the road. fortunately i was only going 55 when it broke loose. Same grit also ate my alternator and serpentine belt. ...so far .....

sorry about the lack of pics...... i didnt really take any that weekend.

keep me in the loop about taskers etc... I will be in.

delayed carnage

whoops i forgot the pic.....

see xeek...... even when i have a pic to share i am not smart enough to attach..... guess thats what happens when you become an old fart....

Attachments

• wheelhub.jpg
    wheelhub.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 230

HOLY CRAP.

Rain + 3 wheels on a 4-wheeled vehicle = never good.

Glad you're okay!!

What's everyone up too?

I know James (Ronin) is building a coilover setup for his rig.

I just finished removing rust from my frame and under body, toping it off with some primer, watertight sealant, and protective Flat black coat. Also installed a skid plate up front. Next projects are to install the air tank to mate with the ARB air compressor. After that a battery monitoring system with a switch on the dash to control the isolator.

Anyone have a 3.73 geared second gen front diff floating around to sell? Mine took a crap on me. I need that or 4.10 gears for the rear and swap the front end diff I have that already has 4.10s in it. Need to get it solved this week if possible. Any recommendations on people or shops to take it to preferably close to Chester?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go to your local pickin pull Boneyard. Thoes a axles run about $50.00 here in MD

Back